View Full Version : Caa Statistics

mad_jock
13th Nov 2005, 13:07
The ones for last years issues are out

2004-2005 IR :- 171
2003-2004 IR :- 137
2002-2001 IR :- 145

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fcl_LRIssues_2004_05.pdf

The reason I choose the proffesional IR issues is because i can see these are the ones coming onto the airline market. But 435 over the last 3 years doesn't seem that many actually.

Intersting as well the 204 instructor ratings but i don't know if thats intial issue or revaidations as well.

Luke SkyToddler
13th Nov 2005, 13:57
Wow surely some mistake mad_jock, I thought it would have been about 5 times that for IR issues ... surely the big schools alone, like OATS and Jerez, must have more than 100 students each per year?

CTC are doing big numbers of students a year through the New Zealand academy, isn't there something like 36 or 40 Easyjet cadets each year alone, plus all the Thomas Cook and self funded guys etc etc, going through that one school?

Plus all the dodgy foreign job thieves doing conversions of downunder licences and stealing Scottish jobs, I just about lose count of the vast numbers of those going on in my workplace alone :D

Besides just look at the statistics, there's no way they're issuing 963 CPLs and only 154 of them are doing the IR. There's something not right about the way you're interpreting those figures mate I'm sure.

GusHoneybun
13th Nov 2005, 14:28
Something doesn't add up here.

I think where the confusion lies here is when people get the CPL and IR issued at the same time. That 154 Aircraft IR's are probably people who have attached the IR to their CPL. Ex Instructors mainly.

What would be a good stat from the CAA is the number of IR's issued each year against the number of initial type ratings. That would show a better indication of the number of wannabes floating round.

mad_jock
13th Nov 2005, 15:13
Aye your right. Thats why I posted it hoping to get someone in the know to say how to read it. As the CAA were nice enough to publish without giving any key to what the different cat's were.

But if you look at it the other way round 946 CPL's coming on the market it is one hell of a lot of pilots.

From the other stats by age group

there are currently 12043 valid ATL's and 3729 CPL holders

Persumably some of the 3729 will be low hour FO's waiting to get the hours for ATPL.

What do you reckon the A/C stands for?

GusHoneybun
13th Nov 2005, 15:43
Probably refers to the number of types issued to that type of licence. Mind you, that means that only 667 types were issued to all the ATPL's, well over 12000 pilots

It's like trying to solve the Times Crossword this