PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Flying Academy, good or bad?

skillbhai
11th Nov 2005, 21:29
[My] dream is to become a pilot.
I am a normal student with average grades who has read science (i have 1 year left in college).

Then I will work for a year or two to get the money .

I am very interested in the Malaysian Flying Academy (MFA).
Here is the URL: http://www.mfa.edu.my/

Could you experts out there check out if the school is good and okay?

I want to achieve the full ATPL course to become an airline pilot.

Does the school got all that?

The reason for picking this school is because its kinda cheap, and I
love Malaysia.

Please help me

Thanks in advance.

itsbrokenagain
12th Nov 2005, 00:05
try the far east forum, but be very very very wary of Capt Khashav if he is still in charge of this school....

choosing MFA is no use to you if you want a JAA licence, as it will cost you a fortune to convert from the Malaysaian Licences.... but investigate investigate and investigate and very much buyer beware!

skillbhai
2nd Dec 2005, 13:53
Hmm he doesnt seems to have any answer there...

anyone else in here who knows anything please share! :D

best regards
skillbhai

whiskey1
2nd Dec 2005, 14:33
Malaysia is a lovely place for a holiday.
As for flying training, DON'T.

The only reason for training in Malaysia is if your Malaysian and going to work there.

MFA will promise the world and deliver a Malaysian CPL that is ICAO (just). The exams are UK CAA International exams (same as the ones that used to be done in the UK) with Big print across the top" Not valid for the issue of a UK licence". Can you guess why?

It's cheap because it needs to be. I heard on the grape vine that even Malaysian Airline stopped training there only only went back after the Malaysian Government refused permission for MAS to send students to Australia. Something to do with foreign currency expenditure I believe. Even then the contract they negotiated was very favourable to MAS.

If you want to Fly in Europe train in Europe or at least somewhere you will get the required European (JAR) qualifications.

W1

skillbhai
2nd Dec 2005, 15:54
yepp seems to be true, havent seen even ONE good review about MFA...
well then i guess that i will start in the Swedish THFS school.

;)