PDA

View Full Version : Convert Word files to old WP?

Loose rivets
11th Nov 2005, 06:53
I use Word Perfect and thought that I was something of a dinosaur, but liked it so much that I stuck with it for....a very long time.

Now I find that Dell bundle it, so it gives it some credibility I suppose. The trouble is that when folk send me Word files, Bill makes sure that I can't convert them anymore. (that's how old my copy is)

It happens that I like my old Ver 8 more than the new WP so don't want to even upgrade to the new WP.

Is there anyway to convert Word to old WP seamlessly? LR

Avtrician
11th Nov 2005, 07:23
Unfortunateley the only way I know how to do it is to use an up todate version of word, and then save as a Word Perfect 5.1 or 5.1 for dos file, no doubt losing some formatting information as well. Or get the latest version of open offfice, its free.:ok: :ok:

Spodman
11th Nov 2005, 08:24
Before I 'found' a copy of Powerpoint I used the excellent MS Powerpoint Viewer, which you can download free and is not an enormus file. I found this link to a Word Viewer (http://www.kurabyss.qld.edu.au/2004/newsletters.htm) (not direct I'm afraid) which is also free, dunno how big. You may be able to cut&paste, but I haven't tried. You can at least read and retain your WP usage.

Microsoft sark.