PDA

View Full Version : Help - who knows about the realities of running a flying school?

Genghis the Engineer
10th Nov 2005, 12:11
I have a problem, maybe somebody here would enjoy helping me out.

I'm in charge of the organisation of a Royal Aeronautical Society conference at the end of this month covering the current regulatory changes in light aviation. I did have an excellent speaker lined up to talk about the issues of running a GA flying school (profitably?) in the current post-EASA, constantly changing, regulatory environment.

Unfortunately he's had to back out, leaving an important hole.

Is there anybody here who feels up to speaking authoritatively on the subject for 30 minutes? I can bribe you with free attendance to the conference (which I should say, is all I get for organising it!). It is a good opportunity to make your views heard! - there will be a lot of major players there.

The programme is here (http://www.raes.org.uk/conference/PDFs/523.pdf).

G

lesley maynard
10th Nov 2005, 13:08
Hi
I have been running a flying school since 1992 in S.Central England. I have a lot of knowledge both pre and post EASA etc and would probably be prepared to help subject to further information.
Lesley

Genghis the Engineer
10th Nov 2005, 13:14
Lesley - will give you a phone call. My apologies for not thinking to ask you directly, I really should have done.

Regards,

G

Dan Winterland
13th Nov 2005, 00:40
It's easy to make a small fortune from running a flying school. Just start with a big one :eek:

Genghis the Engineer
13th Nov 2005, 10:42
Ah well, I'm hoping that a speaker of Lesley's calibre will explain it to us in a little more detail than that.

G