PDA

View Full Version : Socceroos QF Charter

Skypatrol
8th Nov 2005, 03:30
Anyone got any info on this?

Was reading in today's papers that FFA have chartered a QF flight to bring the team home after the match in Montevideo. Wondering whether it's an actual QF aircraft (which type) or have they chartered another company??

Going Boeing
8th Nov 2005, 03:36
I suspect that QF has chartered a Lan Chile aircraft to fly from Montevideo to Santiago to link up with the Lan Chile service to OZ. Qantas codeshares on this service and therefore it has a QF flight number.

Simon Templar
8th Nov 2005, 03:41
A QF Crew and QF A/C
The pattern just popped up in our open time.
Didn't last long had a couple days slip in PPT.

Skypatrol
8th Nov 2005, 03:43
GB,
That was the original plan for both teams until the Uruguayans chartered a plane, and to stuff up the aussies travel, pushed the kick-off back 4 hours. The LAN flight departs at 2310. With a 9pm kick-off in Montevideo they couldn't get that flight so the aussies chartered a flight home. The Uruguayans flight fell through so they're frantically trying to bring the kick off forward again.

What a/c type simon??

huntsman
8th Nov 2005, 03:58
there'd have to be plenty of space for the whole Uruguyan team in the Cargo hold - put them there, only to foster good relations between the two countries. :E

Ron & Edna Johns
8th Nov 2005, 04:31
The goss I just got is that it's a 767, full of 4 bars + stars..... Well, good on you, MH, you deserve it.... you've been a good man at the helm of the 767 world for the past year.

Keg
8th Nov 2005, 04:39
I couldn't agree more R & E. Mark's always been great on getting back to me when he said he would. Sometimes it wasn't always the answer I wanted but he at least was able to give me the reasons.

Buster Hyman
8th Nov 2005, 06:05
:ok: Good one QF! I know you're getting handsomely rewarded for it, but it's about time we got behind the lads & gave them every chance they can to get to the World Cup!

Besides, sticking it up those Euro-guayans would be worth a loss even!:E

Transition Layer
9th Nov 2005, 02:41
"Hahaha, look at this country, U-R-GAY"

Buster Hyman
10th Nov 2005, 23:15
Paul Kent
11nov05

THE Socceroos' secret weapon to beat Uruguay and qualify for the World Cup has been revealed -- a Qantas 767 customised to aid the players' recovery.

The reconfigured plane will fly to Montevideo tonight, where massage tables and stretchers will be installed for the flight home immediately after Sunday's game.
More than 70kg of extra ice will be packed onto the plane, as well as high-carbohydrate meals to assist recovery.

On top of that, the chartered flight will land the Socceroos in Australia 20 hours before any commercial flight could have touched down.

The flight has destroyed Uruguay's tactics to change the kickoff time, which were intended to make the Socceroos miss their flight home and disrupt their preparation as much as possible.

FIFA yesterday intervened in the kickoff time dispute, ordering a 6pm start (7am Victorian time).

The time is an hour earlier than the compromise proposed by Football Federation Australia -- and three hours earlier than the original start time -- but FFA chief executive John O'Neill said the Aussies accepted the decision.

"FIFA's decision provides a balance between the positions of the respective associations," he said.

O'Neill said the FFA was "extremely appreciative" of Qantas's efforts to help the Socceroos, saying it would help the team "arrive home in the best physical and mental condition for them to qualify for the 2006 FIFA World Cup".

Qantas pilot Mark Hempenstall, in charge of the plane, said: "I realise that this is an important game for football in Australia and it's great to be able to play a small part in what will be a fantastic sporting event."

Just the config to stifle OzJet!!! :E ;) :ouch: