PDA

View Full Version : Lollipops for being good

rolandpull
7th Nov 2005, 18:06
Is this extract from the Military.com site true? and if so is there a sought after flavour?

Like the U.S. Air Force, the RAF has morale-building tools that help contribute to a successfully accomplished mission. Unlike Air Force Airmen, when RAF aircrews bring their jets back in a serviceable condition, the technicians award them with lollipops.

“We have no evidence that this improves serviceability, but they taste good,” Wing Commander Jones said.

airborne_artist
7th Nov 2005, 18:10
I believe that the crab paste flavour is very popular - it reminds aircrew of

crab paste...

Maple 01
7th Nov 2005, 20:54
And don't ask what they do with them before they are handed out!

Talking Radalt
7th Nov 2005, 22:02
I think the girl in "that" caption competition knows... :E

OrdF15
8th Nov 2005, 11:51
A tradition still exists in every fighter squadron that I've flown in within the US that if you bring back a Code 1 jet (i.e. no discrepancies), the maintenance debrief room contains a jar or small box of candy, affectionately called 'Code 1 Candy' (how clever, huh?)

Usually, the pilots themselves donate a few $ to supply the sweets (so the young SAC/Cpl-equiv doesnt have to buy candy for officers with salaries that possibly eclipse the trooper).

Talking Radalt
8th Nov 2005, 21:13
'Code 1 Candy' (how clever, huh?)

Bearing in mind you say this occurs in the US, I'd say it's verging on genius.

rolandpull
8th Nov 2005, 22:01
Well its a small world. I nearly bought 'Code 1 Candy does California' in AMS last wee..............................k.

I'll get me coat.

Talking Radalt
8th Nov 2005, 22:10
If they bring a jet back u/s do they get a Code Red Reaming? :)

rolandpull
9th Nov 2005, 18:57
Only if you are an AT loadie! Dont they call them rear-enders (as opposed to front enders?) :ooh: