PDA

View Full Version : Converting Faa Atpl Into Jaa Atpl

wolferj
7th Nov 2005, 16:44
DEAR FOLKS,
I AM SURE THIS TOPIC IS BEEN ALREADY COVERED BUT IF ANYONE CAN ENLIGHTH ME ON THI GRAY AREA PLEASE.
QUESTION:
AFTER I COMPLETE THE INFAMOUS 14 WRITTEN TESTS (EITHER AT BRISTOL FLIGHT CENTER OR NAPLES AIRCENTER IN FL), WHERE DO I RENT AN EMBRAER 145 SIM IN EUROPE ALTOGHETER WITH A JAA EXAMINER???
THE JERKS FROM CAA NEVER ANSWERED THIS QUESTION.

BRITISH MIDLAND SAID: IT' S NOT POSSIBLE TO RENT OUT OUR SIM. OK!!
WHAT ABOUT CITYEXPRESS (BA REGIONAL) ??

MAYBE FSI IN LE BOURGET??

ANYONE HAS FRESH AND MORE ACCURATE INPUTS??

THANK YOU

A320rider
8th Nov 2005, 13:10
have you looked at the approved FTO list from the CAA?

try BMI regional.

edit: sorry, if bmi told you that, send them what you received and ask them to modify the list of FTO.BMI can not refuse you as a student unless they have a good reason to discriminate you.

BillieBob
8th Nov 2005, 14:12
BMI can not refuse you as a student unless they have a good reason to discriminate you. What complete twaddle! It's entirely up to BMI who they choose to train, they have no obligation to you or anyone else.

The CAA list contains all of those organisations that have been approved to provide training (except for those that have specifically asked to be excluded), it implies no guarantee that the organisation will choose to provide such training.

A320rider
9th Nov 2005, 10:21
that' s wrong, as a customer, they can not refuse you.

if you go in a shop , they can not refuse you as a customer unless they have a very good reason.Same thing for schools, university, academy,...

if BMI refuse to make their job and don't give you a good escuse , the CAA must erase their name from their list.

you can still look somewhere else, but if BMI is the only school to offer you a conversion and you are now stuck , I would insist or take legal action against Bmi/CAA .

Call Balpa, I am sure they can help you and provide assistance.

Or You can do a conversion in any JAA country and have the stamp from the CAA.

(if they don't want your $$$, , f.... them!!!!):}