PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick - a thank you

Andy_R
5th Nov 2005, 12:53
Just wanted to say thank you to Gatwick Director for making my 200th hour in the air a special one.

The day was blustery but with superb visibility. I decided to do an anti-clockwise route around the Gatwick zone just for the hell of it, and having said my goodbye's to Biggin shortly after passing south abeam I decided to go for it and plucked up the courage to speak to Gatwick Director.

A few seconds after my polite request of "....could you accomodate a crossing from Reigate to Handcross" I was pleasantly surprised to be given a sqwark and a crossing north - south. Having avoided Redhill just to the east of me, I was asked to turn 20 degrees and was left to route just to the east of the 26 end of the runway.

Why oh why oh why is it when these opportunities arise, you realise you have left your camera at home?!!

It may not seem much to many, but it was really special for me and it made my day (unlike the hairy crosswind landing back at base!!). The visibility was incredible, the sight of jets landing and taking off below me was awesome and after 3 weeks without flying it really was a special way to say hello to 200 hours in the logbook.

I know it is only Class D and I have never hesitated before (Southampton, Bournemouth, Lyneham), but Gatwick does seem to have this inpenetrable air about it. My finger has hovered over the PTT many times before, glad the courage stayed with me today.

Thanks again to the guys at Director who put a much needed smile on my face today

:ok:

AIRWAY
5th Nov 2005, 13:07
Just do like me, i recently bought a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T7, ultra-slim it fits perfectly in your pocket :} :ok: That way you wont miss those special moments hehe

:ok: