PDA

View Full Version : Masked intruder defecates in KISP tower cab

av8boy
2nd Nov 2005, 21:56
To quote: “A marauding animal - most likely a raccoon - left feces on crucial equipment in the control tower of Long Island MacArthur Airport in Islip early yesterday, forcing air traffic controllers to guide planes from the ground in an emergency procedure that hasn't been used in decades...”

Read the rest here. (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-litowe024494565nov02,0,3044650.story?coll=ny-rightrail-columnist&track=mostemailedlink)

I considered making some humorous observations regarding this story ("no different than the guys I work with," etc), but upon reflection, decided to leave it to others. Jerricho, and others of similar talents., the floor is yours.

And before anybody else starts taking chunks out of controllers on the basis of it, allow me to point out that the story also says that, “…controllers spent 2 1/2 hours landing planes and clearing them for takeoff with only a partial view of the runway…” I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that that wasn’t the case. In the story the local union rep is quoted as saying, “"We could only see 20 percent of the field…but it was better than closing the airport." I’m thinking that 100% of the runway was within that 20% of the field and the reporter misinterpreted the statement…

Dave

Jerricho
2nd Nov 2005, 22:23
Now Dave, why would you think I would have something to say?

The raccoon has said more than enough.

av8boy
3rd Nov 2005, 04:13
See? That's what I mean.

Standard Noise
3rd Nov 2005, 04:59
Obviously only an American expression will do - Sh1t happens!:p

Lon More
3rd Nov 2005, 10:05
Jet Blast standard already reached so ....

Must have been a dump:rolleyes:

BTW it's spelt "faeces"

Jerricho
3rd Nov 2005, 13:29
Maybe he was dropping off his resume? Or somebody's lunch.

Golf Charlie Charlie
3rd Nov 2005, 13:32
<<<
BTW it's spelt "faeces"
>>>

In America it's "feces". In the US they usually reduce to "e" what we spell as "ae". For example, medi(a)eval, arch(a)eology,
p(a)edophile, etc............

Jerricho
3rd Nov 2005, 13:50
Otherwise known as a "Diphthong" or "Ligature" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipthong)

(Christ, I remembered something from my medical days)

Binoculars
3rd Nov 2005, 13:52
I thought that was a very small garment women used to avoid skinny dipping? :confused:

Christ, how bored am I to find myself here? :{

Lon More
3rd Nov 2005, 15:45
GTT British based forum old boy; Marquis of Queensbury rules apply :\

av8boy
3rd Nov 2005, 20:38
BTW it's spelt "faeces"

My dear garden tractor,

To restate the point made by GCC: if it’s found on a Clement Clarke handset it’s probably “faeces.” However, this was found on a handset that likely had “ITT” inscribed upon it, and was built before HD had even seen his first airplane (which, upon his questioning, would have been referred to as an “aeroplane” by his “mum”). That, old bean (did I use that correctly?), is “feces.” To recap: the droppings of Procyon lotor in a UK tower is spelt “faeces.” The droppings of Procyon lotor in a US tower is spelled “feces.” However, it’s all the same sh*t.

:p

Dave

Jerricho
3rd Nov 2005, 21:56
.....just a different tower :E ;)

Topofthestack
4th Nov 2005, 08:11
Thank heavens it wasn't a skunk or they'd have had to destroy the place and rebuild it!

Jerricho
4th Nov 2005, 14:10
I've worked with a few skunks in my time :E

Radar
7th Nov 2005, 03:31
"I've worked with a few skunks in my time "

................................. and some of us still do :ugh: