PDA

View Full Version : The missile that kind of knows where it is

routechecker
2nd Nov 2005, 17:46
Well, it does speak about missiles so I thought this would be the best forum to post it.
Interesting concept.
If the American cousins can understand this, then there really is no doubt why they are the worlds Nr1 military power.
Enjoy...
http://www.micom.net/oops/USAF%20Training.wav

rgds

southside
2nd Nov 2005, 17:49
Routechecker, you top bloke. That is the funniest thing I have heard for a long, long time. Superb.

Lyneham Lad
2nd Nov 2005, 18:14
Sounds all pretty logical and straightforward to me.....but there again, I do have Irish ancestry.

(Not really......Dons tin hat and leaps into bunker)

Rakshasa
2nd Nov 2005, 18:25
Sounds like it was cooked up by Dick Cheneys speechwriter. "There are things that we know..." :E

Vox Populi
2nd Nov 2005, 21:25
Rakshasa, that was Donald Rumsfeld...there, I converted an unknown unknown into a known unknown for you!

Onan the Clumsy
3rd Nov 2005, 02:56
Shouldn't the algorithm for finding where you are be to subtract where you are not from where you ...could be? :8

btw, I have some much more interesting files that discuss deviations!

Pontius Navigator
3rd Nov 2005, 07:41
The old ones are the best. Did the USAF lift this from the V-Force (Blue Steel instructors) or did we lift it from the Yanks?

It was going the rounds 40 years ago.

teeteringhead
3rd Nov 2005, 12:05
"Everyone's gotta be somewhere!" Eccles

Rakshasa
3rd Nov 2005, 13:21
Rakshasa, that was Donald Rumsfeld...

D'oh! I knew that.... Honest! :O

havoc
3rd Nov 2005, 22:58
The manual override mode for the missiles includes clicking your heels together 3x and it will end up somewhere other then where you are or were and with expectations of getting there ahead of your or just shortly after you arrive.