PDA

View Full Version : Is there any better chance to go from zero to frozen ATPL??

Egyptair
1st Nov 2005, 05:11
Well my goal is to be hired as an F/O by my national airlines EGYPTAIR which req. the following:

PPL , IR ,ME ,CPL AND written ATPL

i want to do it in minimal time and cost, the following offer is available in my country (Egypt) :

1-all the above rating for 150000 egyptian pounds which is 26311.2 us$
2-time is 18months no less no more (i think thats a lot of time and one can do this ratings in more less time ,am i right??????????)

I looked for SA but they seem to have the same time limit

i there any chance in any place in the world to get this ratings in less than 18months or im just dreaming ???????????????

Budget is about 28000 us$ max.

no sponsor
1st Nov 2005, 07:11
Both types of courses (integrated & modular) under JAA, can be done in less than 18 months - maybe 13 months. But, there's no way it can be done for that sort of money in Europe. You would be looking at twice that amount, and would most likely need to do some training in the US.

cadaha
1st Nov 2005, 11:04
Hi

I've been investigating costs recently myself and for $28000 you cannot get to fATPL.

In the US it will cost around $50000 and in the UK around $88500.

Don't forget you will need to factor in travel to you flight school, accomodation, food, medicals and any Visa costs as well.

You may be able to reduce the costs above by begging/sharing hours but as I said $28000 is a big ask.

If you can find a way let us all know because I'm sure that there are quite a few of us that would be interested in how you managed it:cool:

Egyptair
1st Nov 2005, 12:07
50000:ooh: thats a big big amount of money and too much too
for a Job that might never come.

Well in South Africa its never more than 32000$ including accomodation and everything (im sure of that ) ive emailed every single flight school in SA .(ICAO regulations)

In Egypt its less than that,its about 25000 us$ at that moment

although they r good qualified flightschools with a lot of AIRLINE PILOTS records (EGYPTAIR most of them)

The Egyptian flight school unfourtently dont have a website but if anyone needs any information about it i can ask for him,feel free to ask.

the only factor that annoys me is the Time.

Thanks for all replies