PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play True or False

BHMvictim
30th Oct 2005, 09:42
People fly Qantas because it's cheap?
True/False

People fly Qantas because of the outstanding customer service?
True/False

People fly Qantas because of it's reliability and safety record?
True/False

People will stop flying Qantas if its safety and reliability is jeopadised?
True/False

Dare ya to give this Quizz a go Dixon!
Maybe it would be a good wake up call.

TrafficTraffic
30th Oct 2005, 10:16
True/False

Do you always accept the lowest bid when you contract out for something...say work on your house?

True/False

Try American or KLM if you want outstanding customer service - not

True/False

True - if you got it flaunt it (till u stuff it)

True/False

As with any airline/org

What exactly is your point????

Oz Ocker
30th Oct 2005, 10:54
People fly xxxxxxxxxxxx because it's cheap?
TRUE.

Ya gotta be bloody jokin'!

Don't mean a ratsarse mate. None of us ever look at that sorta sh1t.
Price, time, seats available. The rest is irrevalent.

People will stop flying Qantas if their more expensive.

Dare ya to give this Quizz a go Dixon!
He's made 'is millions from quantas and is leavin soon, so why would 'e giving a flyin' truck about it.
Dicko can aford to fly First Class anywhere he wants, with any airline.

Be seein' youse round.

SOPS
30th Oct 2005, 11:15
The point of this thread is ..........??????????

RENURPP
30th Oct 2005, 12:31
I fly QANTAS because it is often cheaper than Virgin.

I fly QANTAS because it has at least some customer service, and a more comfortable seat. Food, a movie, a nice red or two. the opposition don't.

Partly. Their standards are pretty good.

Possibly

Oz Ocker
30th Oct 2005, 12:54
I often DONT fly with them because their too bloody pricey!

Gimme Emirtaes, Singapore or just about anyone else instead.
The old (rehashd)hags and the "i've gotta right ta be here" attitude wears a bit thin at times.

Well Virgin Blue, Jetstra and Singapore airlines are all safe airlines to. Come ta think of it, the only one I might bork at would be Korean if I saw I was programed ta fly with them.

Didden Quantas have a serious prang in Bankok?
I remember seein pitchers of a jet that was mud deep in ****e. Then I herd they nearly ran outta fuel in Canbra.
And that evacuation in Sydney because of the fire.

Kerist mate, if safety an relaibilty was any giudeline ta go by Indonesian and korean woulda gone bust years ago!

Be seein' youse round.

meloz
30th Oct 2005, 16:23
I fly Qantas because of my deep seated sense of patriotism and allegiance to one of the county’s marsupial treasures.

Oh, and because there is little competition.

impulse coupled
31st Oct 2005, 23:26
I fly QANTAS because it has given my company the best deal on fares. Often hard to beat, especially international.

The service is variable. If they would start a 'queen eradication program' and hire VB to interview the hosties it would be 1000% better!!! (IMHO) :E

I am difficult to draw away from QF because I have a platinum FF and lifetime gold. If VB want me I was free access to their lounges and equivalent international privileges.

There is absolutely NO WAY I am going to fly in a 737 which is older than my bugsmasher and is a spam can waiting to do a Hawaiian Airlines reenactment, even if it is all Business Class!!!

(Besides, CASA won't give him an AOC).

If QF outsource maintenance who do you suggest I change to, China Southern?????

4SPOOLED
1st Nov 2005, 05:10
I flew VB for the first time a few months back, was very impressed.....hosties were hot, when i got past the 12th crownie they looked even hotter, they even had a laugh and flirt with me which i liked... had a chat to the FO for about 10 mins while he was queing for the toilet, and then he stopped for a chat after, i was seated front left hand seat (flirted with the CC chick who still emails me regulary after she prebooked my seat to have the one with the most leg room)

All in all, i was happy with VB

On the way back i flew QF, was served by some miserable old hags that looked like they had soaked in a bathtup of vinegar and pickled themselves from the inside out. They wouldnt serve me after beer 4 due to the increased side effects of alcohol at altitude - i am upto date with Human Factors thanks....the movie sucked, the aircraft was in its twilight years, and all in all, the atmosphere was sour, where VB was bright and bubbly.

Would rather work for QF, but VB would be a vibrant and interesting place that i wouldnt say no if offered the front seat...

J430
1st Nov 2005, 05:28
4SPOOLED

Hey Spooly,

After your 12th Crownie were you really in the front left seat.....

I know the flight crew on VB enjoy their flying but was the Captain p1ssed off when you stole his seat, or was he down the back getting a few crownies too:}

J
:ok:

4SPOOLED
1st Nov 2005, 05:34
J4

Hahahah

Yeh i get that, but meaning front left in PAX compartment.....Would have loved to have been front FRONT left :d , those 738's teased the crap out of me whenever the flightdeck door was opened and i copped a glimpse of the glass....(and the purser seemed to spend most of the flight in the flightdeck..... thats where a Bus might come in handy, plenty of room between the legs :ok: ..........)

Barberspole-5
1st Nov 2005, 15:32

Price, time, seats available. The rest is irrevalent.

If QANTAS had a fatal accident tomorrow, Im sure it's safety record would be relevant to potential travellers, just look at 911.

4 aircraft crash out of thousands of aircraft that would have operated that day, and the industry stops for the best part of 18 months.

People travel on QANTAS because of a reasonable service all round. Yes the flight attendants are not always nice, nor is the food, but they are reliable, predictable and established.

BHMvictim
4th Nov 2005, 15:00
The point is that Dixon wants to stuff just about the only thing Qantas has to draw in the customers.....

sending aircraft to china mite save money (so that execs can continue to increase their bonuses), but they are set to lose a LOT of customers when the safety record goes out the door.

I'm sure people here have witnessed the standard of work carried out by some of these budget MROs.