PDA

View Full Version : BOURNEMOUTH

Pages : 1 [2]

loveJet
20th Sep 2006, 10:59
Average load factor to Pisa in August was 84%

Ryanair achieved 92%, and Thomsonfly 68%... as you would expect I suppose.

shamrock7seal
20th Sep 2006, 11:52
Flights continue to Czech out Prague
By Robin Thompkins

CAPITAL IDEA: Flights to Prague will continue next year
ANOTHER Prague spring is uprising from Bournemouth Airport where more than 10,000 passengers have booked for this winter's flights to the Czech capital has prompted low-cost operator Thomsonfly to continue the service into next year.

Since the winter schedule was announced in April hundreds have flocked to board the four times a week flights to the home of Good King Wenceslas, which take off in November in time for the city's famed Christmas market.

Now Bournemouth Airport's biggest operator has included five flights a week to Prague in its summer 2007 routes from Hurn which went on sale yesterday with one-way prices starting from £19.99.

The Thomsonfly summer schedule also includes the return of the Valencia service which launched the budget airline's highly successful operation from Bournemouth in March 2005.

continued...
While Thomsonfly already operates flights to nearby Alicante, Valencia is expected to be equally popular with South Coast holidaymakers, second home owners and sailing enthusiasts looking to visit Spain's Costa Blanca and the country's third largest city during the important America's Cup year.

With two aircraft based at Hurn, Thomsonfly currently carries some half-a-million passengers a year from Bournemouth to popular holiday, business and second home destinations in Europe.

Thomsonfly managing director Colin Mitchell said: "Bournemouth is an incredibly important departure hub for us and we are pleased to introduce new routes from this airport."

Bournemouth airport marketing and communications director Sally Windsor said: "We are delighted that Prague has sold so well this winter and that it has been added to next summer's schedule of destinations.

"We are also pleased to see Thomsonfly routes for next summer include the return of Valencia."

mary_hinge
20th Sep 2006, 13:16
Have now heared that BASCO will be closeing perminantly by the end of the year...:sad:
BOHEuropean

Mutterings that 90 days notice has been served. Any one heard if this is fact or whats going on?

Coasthugger
20th Sep 2006, 14:37
It'll be painful for the airport in the short-term if BASCO go... and the landside access to that side of the airfield is so poor it's hard to see anyone else moving in there?

I believe that Thomsonfly have used BASCO for some of their aircraft maintenance - would BASCO leaving make BOH a less attractive base?

Thomsonfly's Prague press release is approaching Ryanair in terms of spin... loads of new destinations, because you keep chopping and changing because you couldn't get the old ones to work. Get a new aircraft in there or Ryanair will be overtaking you as BOH's 'biggest operator'. :rolleyes:

FLYboh
20th Sep 2006, 16:16
Thanks Lovejet, it's good to see that the FR Pisa route is doing so well. Although it is heavily discounted at the moment.

Prague seems to be doing very well considering that when that article appeared a few weeks back TOM only had the 25,000 winter seats available to book. So 10,000 seats would be 40% of seats sold. with still another 8 or 9 weeks of sales before they even start. :ok:

Manston Airport
21st Sep 2006, 11:10
So Ryanairs routes for next year from BOH will be to Rome, Milan and Marseille?

JAmes

FLYboh
27th Sep 2006, 16:34
Anyone know what the new TOM routes will be? I guess Amsterdam will be returning for summer '07 but the press release excerpt below indicates that there are one or more new routes for next summer. If Amsterdam comes back with a 6 X weekly service than I think I'm right in saying that there's 4 X weekly slots left for the based aircraft.

This was is in original press release:

'Thomsonfly's new summer 07 routes go on sale today (Tuesday 12
September). Additional new routes for summer 07 are expected be
announced within the next couple of months'.

MARKEYD
30th Sep 2006, 10:43
Here is the provisional timetable for Thomsonfly 2 based aircraft at Bournemouth for next summer , leaves room for 6 Amsterdam rotations but not much more , its a much more tighter robust schedule than this summer

MON

1) BOH VLC BOH PRG BOH IBZ BOH
2) BOH PMI BOH ---- BOH AGP BOH

TUE

1) BOH FAO BOH ---- BOH ALC BOH
2) BOH PMI BOH AGP BOH

WED

1) BOH VRO BOH ---- BOH VLC BOH
2) BOH PHO BOH PRG BOH

THU

1) BOH PMI BOH ---- BOH ALC BOH
2) BOH ---- BOH FAO BOH AGP BOH

FRI

1) BOH FAO BOH ---- BOH ALC BOH
2) BOH PMI BOH PRG BOH AGP BOH

SAT

1) BOH PSA BOH FAO BOH ALC BOH
2) BOH VLC BOH AGP BOH PMI BOH

SUN

1) BOH PMI BOH PRG BOH ALC BOH
2) BOH AGP BOH ---- BOH FAO BOH

airhumberside
30th Sep 2006, 17:52
By VRO do you mean Verona and is that a charter?

FLYboh
30th Sep 2006, 20:12
airhumberside: Your correct on both accounts. It's a charter on behalf of Thomson Lakes and Mountains.

I've noticed on the Thomson Holidays website that Catalonia (Costa Brava) appears in the drop down menu, but as yet is not bookable. This makes me wonder if they may introduce Barcelona as a 3 x weekly service to carry lo-co and charter passengers.

After having used the FR GRO service twice, I can safely say that the amount of passengers travelling via the Barcelona Bus is no more than 30 per flight. The majority stay within the holiday resorts of the Costa Brava. Thats less than 5% of the passengers travelling on to Barcelona via the bus, so I feel that a TOM service on a 3 or 4 X weekly service would be viable. Fingers crossed :ok:

Devonair
30th Sep 2006, 20:54
They may be looking at Reus which is also in Catalonia, gateway to the Costa Daurada.

Powerjet1
9th Oct 2006, 08:17
Wizzair 3 x weekly to Katowice from Jul 07. Good news for BOH

ryanair1
9th Oct 2006, 08:38
This is great news... Katowice is the first step. If successful, further routes will follow including Warsaw and Krakow. Ryanair are going to consider Poznan from 2007 sometime.

loveJet
9th Oct 2006, 11:00
you can book flights from Katowice to Bournemouth now on the Wizzair website, from £2.99 one way. Cheapest return over a weekend I could find was £46 which is pretty cool. Flights operated tue/thu/sat arrive Bournemouth at 13:15 and depart 13:45. This new route should add a further 30-40,000 passengers annually.

Manston Airport
9th Oct 2006, 13:08
Great news for BOH cant wait to see the Pink A320 there :ok: BTW in 2 weeks time I am off to Dorset and was wondering now there is no Veiwing platform or a very hot Conservatory is getting some building mainteance to it I was just wondering where the best place to go I hear that one off the flying clubs has a Cafe (i think :confused: )is it easy to get to and are the members of the public aloud to eat there?

Regards
James

Powerjet1
10th Oct 2006, 08:37
Looks llike BOH have got a MAD connection, along with EMA, courtesy of Ryanair

BOH
10th Oct 2006, 09:48
where did you find that out to? I can't find any news about it!

daz211
10th Oct 2006, 09:53
Go to RYR website, click find lowest fare, thats the only place I can see it
also have a look at Ryanair thread it might help:ok:

Charlie Roy
10th Oct 2006, 09:55
-2-4-6- leaves Madrid 06:50

LGWAlan
10th Oct 2006, 12:47
Also shown on the route map

phil_2405
10th Oct 2006, 18:14
Great news for BOH which is building its status as a Ryanair destination with 6 routes now! Ryanair must be getting good pax figs/yields you would think. It looks like the BOH flights operate at same times as the EMA flights so the aircraft either goes to BOH or EMA every morning.

Gibsonflyer
10th Oct 2006, 23:12
Weird, you have nothing for ages then you get a flood of new routes.

What amazes me about BOH is the apparent lack of demand for UK domestic routes such as Manchester, Edinburgh & Belfast. Will these ever come? The amount of people driving up the M6 every day from Bmth must be enough to substantiate a MAN service?

Will Globespan return?
Any news on AB?
Any news on EZY expansion?
Will we see any new carriers enter the scene i.e. Flybe or Zoom?

Anticipating big things...
:)

Manston Airport
10th Oct 2006, 23:24
I see that EZY have there BOH-GEN route back up
JAmes