PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Airlines????

Ramrod
28th Oct 2005, 11:28
Anyone know how they are going?

What's with all the Fokkers parked in front of their hangar, are they going to put them into service?

Their web site states they are no longer doing Brisbane - Townsville or any RPT runs anymore, anyone know why?

Moniker
28th Oct 2005, 19:43
one could be cheeky and say spare parts!

think the chtr side of things is the main focus, and those grey things will in due course be visiting the paint shop.

Ramrod
29th Oct 2005, 07:59
Thanks Moniker.

Has anyone else heard anything else?

contactdepartures
29th Oct 2005, 12:12
I have heard that charter is the way Alliance is going to be going and they are no longer doing any RPT too...

I wonder what some Alliance gingerbeers were doing up in CS lately????

Moniker
29th Oct 2005, 12:29
think the scuttlebut re the CNS thing was for PX EGPWS related stuff

contactdepartures
29th Oct 2005, 12:51
thanks moniker :ok: all makes sense now - did you hear if the work is now finished? apparently some of the gb's went back to bne late last week

i wonder if Alliance will ever go back to RPT ops or if it will be chtr only from now on

Defenestrator
29th Oct 2005, 22:43
They can't be none too happy about losing the contract at Century. I see that Mac-air picked it up. Thats a massive contract. Anyone know if Mac-air pledged bigger equipment for the job? Century have pretty much always had jets. And that being the case are Alliance still doing the crew change for WMC aka Phos Hill? If they lost that contract to Mac-air or QRA that I reckon that would pretty much close their doors. Nervous times for Alliance me thinks. Good luck to them though. Some good people working there.

;)

ComeByChance
30th Oct 2005, 03:14
They have just picked up another contract, flying Brisbane to Gove return twice a week, plus they are still running to both Century and Phos Hill. Look out for more flying from Brisbane.

First of the recently delivered US Airways aircraft is currently in the hangar undergoing are 12 yearly check before entering service by the end of the year. Once this aircraft is out another aircraft will undergo the same check and should enter service by March 06.

One rumour floating around is they will recommence RPT services, but it won't be under the Alliance name:hmm:

I believe their final fleet will comprise 4-6 F100's and they will serve the company for the next 5-6 years.

cuffs
30th Oct 2005, 06:54
They have not lost the contact for Century. That great Press release from Mac-A&r indicates that they won the work. All they got was one Metro flight a week ex TSV. The F100's will be on that route for at least another 36 odd months

Moniker
30th Oct 2005, 07:23
think I heard somewhere that they were/are looking for a few more to add to the fleet as well

as for the mines .. isn't another mob looking to upgrade their strip just for the Alliance Jet(s) to service them?

megle2
30th Oct 2005, 07:40
There is one for spare parts.

Some kinder call signs may help. One is VH FKD.
Bound to have a bad reputation even before it starts
work in its new life!

ComeByChance
30th Oct 2005, 11:10
Wasn't 'FKD' an old F28 rego?

2006 will be a good year for Alliance.

early2
30th Oct 2005, 12:12
also see them in at TEF once a week doing crew changes.

ComeByChance
3rd Nov 2005, 10:20
Latest rumour is they will be starting Cairns-Gove-Darwin return, 3 times a week.

ozangel
3rd Nov 2005, 13:01
I think they already are...
tsv-cns-gov-drw-gov-cns-tsv
and
bne-gov-bne
i think its a closed charter however.

first one is a bit of a long day, 6 sectors 13hrs.