PDA

View Full Version : Perf A what the ......

woof
28th Oct 2005, 09:29
On numerous job applications, indeed the newer on line ones, the employer asks whether or not the candidate has PERF A.

I am assuming this has been subsumed into the JAR Perf exam, but know it to be different (or at least believe it to be). Can someone enlighten me please?

whiskey1
28th Oct 2005, 09:41
Correct,
You used to do a performance exam relevant to the class of aircraft you were going to fly.

If you have passed the new JAR ATPL Performance exam you have Performance A. Remember all those questions about the Class A Aircraft, the MRJT?

W1

Gillespie
28th Oct 2005, 11:02
I thought the requirement for 'Performance A' meant you must have experience on 'Performance A' aircraft.

Mercenary Pilot
28th Oct 2005, 18:52
Nope. It comes from the old CAA system where you had perf.E & perf.A exams

JAA ATPL theory covers E & A.

Dude~
1st Nov 2005, 10:00
One form asks if you have Perf C as well. What is that one?

sexygirl
1st Nov 2005, 13:15
Old Perf A = MRJT / white section of CAP

Old Perf C = MEP / blue section of CAP

Old Perf E = SEP / green section of CAP

So with the JAA exam it's all in one but in the old days you sat individual exams as you needed them along your career. Was harder back then too!!

wobble2plank
1st Nov 2005, 13:29
Arrrgh Jim Lad!

Back in them old halcyon days yer really had' t' work 'ard fur yer licences.

These 'ere wipper snappers don't know ow good they got 'it.

Who'd of thought it, sitting here drinking Chateau D'Chaselei (oldies should remember that one!)

Sexy Girl, Beg to differ old girl (not ageist me, just a generic term ;) ) but, after doing both, (bless the Campaign, they sneaked JAR in before I could get me last national exam in, the b****rs) I have to say I found the performance under JAR a might tricky, at least under Nationals you could select your opponent. In fact over 53% of those who sat it failed, leading to a great stink in the hallowed halls of Gatwick.

Things don't tend to change much, they just get more expensive and the coppers look younger every day.

:} :} :} :}