PDA

View Full Version : do I have a chance with 4000TT?

ZSSSZSPD
28th Oct 2005, 07:32
Hello there, does anyone kind enough to give me some advices on the quesitons following ?

basic facts of myself
1.27/male/single , from mainland China (currently working in an airline based in shanghai)
2.4200 TT ,2100 on A343/346 ,1700 on A320,(all as FO) and the rest hours is training time,with considerable operational experiences of longhaul and shor/medium in south east asia .
3. FAA CPL/IR/MEL, CAAC (Chinese aviation authorities) Frozen APTL .
4. I am expecting my upgrade in 2 years .

questions :
1. Do I meet the requirements for CX/KA as an FO or SO? would they consider an applicant from mianland china , do I need to have rights to live and work in Hongkong ,or is there any other factor affecting me from beening hired?
2. how could I prove my flight hours to these airlines ? it is not required to log hours before 2003, so I only got like nearly 2000 on the logbook. and I could provide a internet address to login and check my hours . does that count ? it's the way we do to check officially recognized flying hours .
3. if being accepted, which one should I apply ? CX/KA which one is better in terms of payment and devolopment in future ?
4. Am I in a better postion if I got the captiancy in 2 years ? could I look at DE CAPTAIN at that time ,or it virtually impossible to be hired that way

and I know it is very difficult to have all these application things worked out, as far as I know it hasn't been tried before . so I have no one to ask except here, so any info is very much aprreciated. really want to be helped out here . thanks, and safe landing everyday everybody.

Hairy Chest
28th Oct 2005, 12:10
yes you do! also try Oasis & Macau Eagle

coded_messages
28th Oct 2005, 14:48
You certainly have the experience, I should imagine as a DE FO on the 400F and certainly more than enough for SO.

For long term career prospects, better to join CX.

ZSSSZSPD
28th Oct 2005, 16:45
thanks for the replies,Hairy Chest and coded_messages.
esp. coded_messages. I have same mind as you do . I am filling in my application to CX . but the other confusion still remain.
some of my friends said SIA or Silk Air would be more suitable for me . but Hong kong is closer to my Home .I am the only child in the family. so , ....
In my mind samller airlines are easier to join ,aren't they? so if being rejected by the majors , I would consider samller ones.