PDA

View Full Version : jepp view printout

Bumz_Rush
26th Oct 2005, 07:28
Help,

I need to be able to print from my lap top, a set of jepp view terminal plates.

The problem is the printer is in a hotel business centre, and only has network access, I do not have access to the network.

I would like to be able to send the relevent charts, (in word format ?) to a chip, and then plug the chip into the main computer.

Is this possible with the current versions of jepp view.

Help please...

Bumz

Bumz_Rush
26th Oct 2005, 09:29
Passed over Arlanda early in AM, snow just arrived here in Moscow.

I am still trying to solve the problem, Mike.

I need to "send the required charts to a chip". Is there any way Jepp View can output, other than print...or perhaps a print to file option exists...

Still looking, (out of window in New Swiss Hotel, light snow still falling in Moscow)....off to Dubai tomorrow......just my luck to get sand storm.....left USA just ahead of the latest storm there.....Bumz

Jhieminga
27th Oct 2005, 10:52
Try to get a freeware PDF converter program. These install as a printer driver so when printing from Jeppview you just select the PDF converter as the printer you would like to send the output to. You can then put the PDF file on a USB stick and print it somewhere else. This way you preserve the formatting and everything from Jeppview too.

(I use PDF factory myself, I think you can use the trial version for a while without many issues: http://www.pdffactory.com/)

737TG
27th Oct 2005, 14:53
The only way from the Jeppessen Chart viewer is to display the chart as big as you can on your screen. Hold the ALT key and press PRINT SCREEN (ALT-PRINT SCREEN). This will copy the WINDOW. Now use imaging software (Paint shop Pro or Paint) and press Ctrl-V to paste the image. You can trim the excess from this image if you want it to look pretty.

Save each chart seperately on your flash drive and go down to reception and beg for a printer.

I hope you dont have too many to print - it might be quicker to have them faxed from someone.

Good luck!

Bumz_Rush
28th Oct 2005, 15:47
Jhieminga::::::

The PDF (standard) factory worked. I will download the PRO version, and will ensure the notes you PM'd me are actioned.

I will explore the batch processing aspect, but the only problem seen so far is the renaming of the .pdf^ to .pdf extension.

Many thanks....

Bumz