PDA

View Full Version : Dean International, Inc. / Flymiami

flaps now
25th Oct 2005, 16:41
Hi

Anyone used these guys in Florida for Aircraft rental?

lineselect
27th Oct 2005, 13:17
great school and great owner. the planes were top notch, always cleans and always servicable, if there was a problem they were fixed immediately, even simple things like light bulbs, if it was broken it was fixed then and there. also great fuel rebate, it was $3.10 a gallon when i was there which was spot on, and sometimes they gave you a fuel card.

also lots of experienced and professional instructors work there, you wont be dissapointed, and they have a great set of faa examiners, I myself used Dominic Andreoli and a it was a pleasure.

they did loose a couple of planes to hurricanes I heard but I think Robert the owner will rebound from this. They also have a great online booking system which makes getting your plane when you want it easy.

overall for a Faa school you wont find any better or more professionally run, you will be suprised if you go there how well it works and how well standardised the flight instructors are.

PS I did my PPL, thru CPL/IR/ME conversions there this year over 7 months with some hour building and was glad this was my choice of school after experiencing some horrible schools elsewhere in Florida.

flaps now
28th Oct 2005, 14:18
Thanks for that.. I spoke to robert a couple of days ago and he seems great. JUst going for hours building and cant wait. Nearly at end of ground school so it'll be a welcome break.

Hopefully get over to Bahamas

Thanks again

strafer
28th Oct 2005, 15:49
Not that I'm suspicious, but lineselect did register as a user purely to post that reply

Caveat emptor

lineselect
29th Oct 2005, 13:02
Only because I am new to posting, you will see more posts soon if I feel my thoughts are relevant. Like you we all have to start somewhere, cant sit on the side lines forever!

strafer
31st Oct 2005, 08:55
Fair enough lineselect, but with the amount of money needed for any form of flight training, a healthy dose of cynicism is a prerequisite.

You may be who you say you are, you may be the owner of Dean Intl, you may even be Angelina Jolie.

PM me if it's the 3rd.:O