PDA

View Full Version : Flying cargo - opinion please

Bokomoko
25th Oct 2005, 12:33
Hi mates,
I’ve been flying for the same airline – only passenger fleet - for more than 20 years. However today I’ve an opportunity to get a job with a cargo operator in Asia to fly the 744 as DEC. The question is: What are the pros and cons of flying only cargo airplanes for a long period of time - let’s say 10 to 15 years?
You’re experts with cargo flights so I’d appreciate your opinions.

LUM
25th Oct 2005, 13:01
Have a look at this, it says it all....http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=177348&highlight=are+you+a+freight+dog:{javascript:smilie(':{')
Boo Hoo

Popgun
25th Oct 2005, 22:04
It really does depend on the particular companies...you need to be comparing apples with apples. I personally love flying the 744-F with my current company and would not wish to go back to any of my former pax operations... I recommend you do your homework thoroughly before you leave all that seniority behind. Cheers, PG

PS. The only major drawback from my point of view is the limited or nil staff travel benefits.

magdrops
25th Oct 2005, 22:11
Just a couple of points to add to your checklist.
Make sure you are fully conversant and observant when it comes to Dangerous Goods and Hidden Articles. Make sure suspect loads are checked weighed before loading, specially bulk loaded bundles of garments.