PDA

View Full Version : C Cat Query

water wings
25th Oct 2005, 07:31
Have a C Cat flight test coming up shortly and was wondering if anyone who had done one recently could answer a few questions (yes I know this question has been asked before but I am looking for recent feedback).

What lesson did you get?
For all the prep you put in, did you find the test as hard/bad as you thought?
Any question's which knocked you for six that you didn't expect to get (related to your lesson or P of F).

Currently doing quite a bit of study and this post isn't designed to try and find a 'shortcut' that I can use. I'm just curious.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks:ok:

What time is ECT?
26th Oct 2005, 20:00
Are you a Dunnunda or Godzone pilot?

Fly with an A Cat who will iron out the rusty bits - that's what they're there for. Just make sure you buy them a round.

ECT?

C Cat - a question have you seen the pussy?
PPL - a flyer that is undercover

whiteknuckleairlines
3rd Nov 2005, 02:56
It's been a few years but when I did my C-cat and then B-cat the best piece of advise I ever got was to keep the briefing to under 30 minutes!

It is hard but PCS commented that the attention span of the average person is about 25 minutes (probably about 6 minutes for the average pilot). I got basic stalling for my c-cat and surprisingly advanced stalling for my B. There are no hard and fast rules, your c-cat is your apprenticeship and you may find it may be more of a discussion time.

Make sure your PofF is top-notch however and they rely heavily on Kermode. I didn't get any prop-theory in either but I know others have.

It will all come down to who your testing officer is. Do you know yet who it is going to be?

water wings
3rd Nov 2005, 05:23
Should be GL. I hear he is a really good bloke.

whiteknuckleairlines
3rd Nov 2005, 07:59
Well, all the best then, I don't know him. The thing to remember is that if you have done your training at a reasonably large/busy outfit they will have had feedback from the testing officer's and will now what they are looking for. Usually, if your instructor thinks you are ready then you are. It is easier than the CPL!

PitterPatter
3rd Nov 2005, 18:54
As said before - keep briefing BRIEF.

During the flying - take a breath before you do anything. Your running the lesson to a certain extent.

PofF - LIFT / DRAG / PROPELLERS , if you wow the examiner with you thorough knowledge of these, the rest will come easy.

Last but not least - dont dig any sort of hole for yourself.
As said above - C cat is a ticket to learn - your not supposed to know everything.
If your not sure about some little detail - just say so, the examiner may even want to get up and draw a few diagrams in explaining, dont take it to heart - they're probably board s#!tless.
Just make sure you listen to what they have to say.
Good Luck

Capt. On Heat
4th Nov 2005, 01:53
GL is a top bloke and does an excellent job-no bullsh*t

water wings
4th Nov 2005, 04:49
Thanks for the help guys. It just re-confirmed all that I thought.:p