PDA

View Full Version : This week's rumour..?

mystic_meg
24th Oct 2005, 12:02
Hot on the heels of these 2 gems from the 'cognoscenti,'

http://pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=194309

http://pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195022

What's this week's hot rumour?

perhaps: "London double-decker bus found on moon - driven by Elvis?"

Do please spill the beans, Kpax and Sideshow Bob!
:mad:

Sideshow Bob
24th Oct 2005, 18:02
I always thought a rumour network was for posting rumours one heard in the crewroom, obviously it is for slagging off people who post the rumours. Grow up Septic Peg.

mystic_meg
24th Oct 2005, 18:30
Rumour:

noun: a currently circulating story or report of unverified or doubtful truth

Yes Bob, it is a rumour site after all - I agree, but it's interesting to note how many people post on here without even attempting to verify the facts, (yes, I know it's not a fact site..) and this then leads to even more wild speculation/bashing etc. which quite frankly is way wide of the mark. Just exactly what are the kipper and truckie fleets to do without these 2 projects going ahead, bearing in mind that there are contractual issues (penalty payments etc.) to be dealt with if we don't take delivery? Can't see MOD paying out for different platforms once those penalty clauses have been dealt with, can you?:ok:

KPax
24th Oct 2005, 18:46
Will try not to offend anyone reading this RUMOUR forum again, the rumour was found on the web just after the new German Chancellor was announced. Still why letr the truth get in the way of a good rumour. I suppose you could always stick to the SUN and the BBC cos they are always correct

mystic_meg
24th Oct 2005, 19:00
Kpax:
Nothing personal, I was not trying to offend anyone, just attempting to point out that some rumours, posted in good faith by people like yourself invite further ill-informed comment from others. (Before anyone asks, I do not work for MoD either!)

Sideshow Bob
24th Oct 2005, 21:31
British Waste of Space maybe?

mystic_meg
24th Oct 2005, 21:56
British Waste of Space maybe?

Nope!

stickmonkeytamer
25th Oct 2005, 04:49
We are all getting a decent pay rise and the first week in January off as thanks for working so hard...

southside
25th Oct 2005, 06:19
Not far fm the truth....we aer all getting a decent pay rise....and plenty of time off.

rej
25th Oct 2005, 06:57
and don't forget the annual Christmas bonus will arrive in our Dec pay statement.

Tamaze Man
25th Oct 2005, 14:37
We are all happy in our jobs!

My wife likes it when I fart under the duvet.

Southside is really a 'wanabee' from Royston valley.

Rumour or truth? You decide............

BEagle
25th Oct 2005, 15:19
1. The MoD will overturn the verdict on the Mull of Kintyre Chinok accident.

2. Blair will admit he lied about Iraq.

3. ...and resign.

4. MoD will admit that PFI is a crock of $hit.

5. The UAS system will be restored to its former state.

6. Pigs will be noted roosting in the trees....