PDA

View Full Version : QANTAS Psychometric testing

Barberspole-5
23rd Oct 2005, 09:36
I was wondering whether anyone can shed light on the Qantas aptitude testing , in particular, the psych test. I have heard that the psych test is based on the Myers Briggs type indicator test , and as such, if the candidate is not an ESTP, they are cut.

To what extent is this true? Are there any airline drivers out there who are not of this personality type?

Also has anyone had any joy with PATS or Fortress courses?

Mr.Buzzy
23rd Oct 2005, 09:58
Are there any airline drivers out there who are not of this personality type?

Dunno but if they enjoy being dipped in honey and fed to lesbians then why didn't I get a job?

bbbbbbzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SAS check
23rd Oct 2005, 10:07
QF Psych testing is the 8th wonder of the world. My advice is to be yourself and answer honestly. If that doesn't get you through then F**k 'em. The skills part i.e. maths, reading etc you can practice the rest is what's is in your melon!!

hoss
23rd Oct 2005, 11:37
Mate, you need to work a bit harder on comprehension.

Your post should be in "questions" not "reporting points".

Best wishes :) .

Woomera
23rd Oct 2005, 17:37
Correct, Hoss :}

Barberspole, use the search function. Plenty of info floating around.

Sunfish
23rd Oct 2005, 23:10
Learn your MBTI and you can pretend to be an ESTP or AN "E" something. I don't think there would be many "I" pilots - well live ones anyway.

The Messiah
24th Oct 2005, 00:45
Barberspole-5

yes I am not an ESTP, from what I can gather I am a D-I-C-K, which has helped me to blend into the crowd in the airline environment.

dude65
24th Oct 2005, 02:10
Here ya go folks.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Keg
24th Oct 2005, 02:47
I'm an ENTP.

I've flown with a bunch of guys that are very obviously 'I's. I also reckon that the majority of people I fly with are 'J' rather than P.

So at least that answers your question about QF only going for ESTPs! :E

PS: Some of the better skippers I've flown witih are 'F' rather than 'T'. A much better CRM environment generally. I have to work a bit harder at that one!

Hope that all helps.

pakeha-boy
24th Oct 2005, 03:45
hate to say it but...anybody who hires an aussie pilot needs a psycho test themselves...:} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :p

Shiny Side Up
24th Oct 2005, 05:07
Dude65-

Thanks for posting that link, was interesting.
I'm an INTJ according to the summary.

Don't know what Jung would make of half the posts on this forum though :E

carro
24th Oct 2005, 09:44
hey hey hey,

Just reading up on the personality profiles.. As was said earlier, the 'typical pilot' profile is ESTP... However the explanation of the profile, is to be more impulsive and spontaneous. This may be risky?

The best advice i have received is to 'sit on your hands' when making a decision to consider the alternatives and their subsequent consequences.

I am an ENFJ by the way!

Happy flying

Nimbo

BoundaryLayer
24th Oct 2005, 09:49
For a bit more info about the "16 Types" ESTP etc have a look at http://www.knowyourtype.com/mbti.html

If you are really keen you could even buy their assessment (US$100).

The QF practice leaflet has SHL Group at the bottom of it, you can check them out at http://www.shl.com.

Hate to think what sort of questions would be asked if these tests were based not on Carl Jung's work, but Sigmund Freud's... :}

Mr.Buzzy
24th Oct 2005, 11:33
I'm a KINT. Well at least that's what I scored at Massey in NZ.

bbbbbbbzzzzooohtouchyfeelyzzzzzzzzzz

dude65
24th Oct 2005, 22:12
I'm an ESTJ

I buggered if I can work out how answering 70 or so questions can then be used to put ones personality and 30-40 years of "life experiance" into a couple of paragraphs.

glekichi
25th Oct 2005, 04:33
ENTJ....

Same personality as Bill Gates... :mad: :mad: :mad: :yuk: :yuk:

Interesting stuff tho.

Any QF ENTJs?
Obviously they do not hire ONLY ESTPs... but are there other preferences too??

Keg
25th Oct 2005, 05:42
This web site will give you a pretty good handle on the different types of personality and strengths and weaknesses and so on.

Interesting to note that since I did my first MB test years ago, I've become less 'P' and more 'J' as well as less 'T' and more 'F'- even though I'm still on the 'T' side of the ledger!

tinpis
25th Oct 2005, 05:59
:) ...but their particular nature is most easily seen in their mastery of tools of any and all kinds, from microscopic drill to supersonic jet,.....

Barberspole-5
3rd Nov 2005, 15:02
If QF don't only hire ESTP's then WHO do they hire? What traits are the go??

Does their psych test take into account how someone interperets the questions??