PDA

View Full Version : Wannabee Gonna Make a Web Site

cadaha
21st Oct 2005, 14:45
Hi

I will starting my flying training in the new year and am aiming to get up to fATPL with IR.

I have a certain amount of funds to help me so this is gonna be a mix of getting part way through with funds I already have and then working/begging for the money/hours to complete the rest of the training etc.

I am going to set up a web site that will detail how my training is progressing and keep a running count of costs which means people following me will see what the training costs are and where I have chosen wisely or cocked up. Experienced pilots will be able to laugh at my antics and hopefully add some constructive suggestions as to where I may avoid pitfalls down the line.

I will have some pdfs on the site for basic ppl groundschool stuff that I have found on a website (URL donated by a friendly PPRuNe member Alex Whittingham (Bristol Ground School)) that should enable me to get ahead of the game theory wise.

Anyone who would like to give input to the site is most welcome so that trainees etc can get a balanced insight into pilot training.

Suggestions for content and web site name would welcomed.

fox13wfd
21st Oct 2005, 15:39
www.preparingforalifeofpoverty.com

cadaha
21st Oct 2005, 16:34
Hi Fox

The URL doesn't work, is it still valid or misspelt?

cadaha
21st Oct 2005, 19:20
'Never a truer word spoken in jest':\

siflyguy
24th Oct 2005, 04:26
Hey Cahada,

I'm doing a similar thing in 2006 - commencing a 2 yr mission aviation course. This is gunna mean moving away from friends/family, so I've set up www.sifly.net as my website to let people know what's happening with my training (if they can be bothered checking it!).

Seeya,
Si

englishal
24th Oct 2005, 04:52
How nice. I look forward to being able to laugh at your antics.

wbryce
24th Oct 2005, 08:42
I'm doing simular....can be fun; when you dont know how to make a website! :E

www.wbryce.co.uk

will

smith
24th Oct 2005, 12:56
An excellent one already made is www.henrybevan.com or www.henrybevan.co.uk , click either or, I can't remember which is which.