PDA

View Full Version : Help

Dreamer_648
20th Oct 2005, 20:30
Hi i live in New Zealand and im 13 years old.One of my big dreams is to become a pilot but i dont no how to get there.I would appreciate it if a professional pilot could talk to me about what you need to do to get there.

mungo_55
20th Oct 2005, 23:36
Hi,

I would say you should try and get a few flights (in light aircraft to begin with) by hook or by crook. Go down your local airfield and see if there's any part-time work going, or just pester somebody into giving you a flight ! That way you'll get to know how much you like being up front in an aircraft.

You're pretty young but its good that you've got a strong sense of what you want to be. NZ has always struck me as a great place to learn to fly, so, as I say, get down to your local airfield and start getting into the scene down there. You will probably meet a lot of interesting characters who can advise you.

From an education point of view, maths, physics and computing seem to be a good way forward.

If you want any more specific advice send me a PM.

Mungo

OpenCirrus619
21st Oct 2005, 10:18
Have you thought about trying gliding?

Take a look at http://www.gliding.co.nz/Clubs/Clubs.htm and see if there is a club near you.

I've only visited Omarama in NZ but, if the other clubs are anything like those there (and most of them in the UK) then you'll get an enthusiatic welcome.

They are great places to meet people who are passionate about flying.