PDA

View Full Version : Big Watch syndrome

skua
19th Oct 2005, 18:23
Vickie Butler Henderson, her of 5th Gear fame, has a column in a rag called City AM. In today's edition she relates the following story:

"A friend of mine met a Harrier jet fighter pilot the other week, and is convinced he has the best job for pulling totty. But our aviator is adamant this is not the case, "the first thing I do when I walk into a pub " says the winged one," is see if there's a Formula One driver sat at the bar. If there isn't one, I know I'll be top dog with the ladies. If there is, I know I'll be playing second fiddle."

Who is this anonymous t******r ?

Skua

Always_broken_in_wilts
19th Oct 2005, 18:33
Could be any one of them:E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Data-Lynx
19th Oct 2005, 18:39
Can it have been Navy? For years, their ego switch has been permanently wirelocked On, but has the impending loss of the puff-jets caused irreparable damage??

Zoom
19th Oct 2005, 18:44
Harrier pilot's salary? £50K?
Formula 1 driver's salary? £10m?
Game, set and match as far as the girls are concerned, and it's nothing to do with wristwatches.

wg13_dummy
19th Oct 2005, 18:54
Similar personalities though?

BEagle
19th Oct 2005, 19:02
Big watch, small cock!

4fitter
19th Oct 2005, 19:23
Hey Beags old chap, we may be the same vintage but my largeish mountain climbing, beeping, omni-directional, guaranteed to work at 500m when your body is crushed to a pulp, chronograph does not mean that Mrs 4f is less than satisfied in the lunch pack stakes.

Oh, I'm too tall to be a Harrier mate and I actually enjoy company other than my own!! :}

Hueymeister
19th Oct 2005, 22:03
Don't STOVIES eat their own young?

Talking Radalt
19th Oct 2005, 23:27
Of course what you're all forgetting is the heavy editing carried out by Sticky Titler Butlerson....What the aforementioned Harrier mate meant to say was:

"the first thing I do when I walk into a pub " says the winged one," is see if there's an SH rabble trying to steal gizzits from the bar. If there isn't one, I know I'll be top dog with the ladies. If there is, I know I'll be playing second fiddle."

:p

petitfromage
20th Oct 2005, 01:45
Lets be very plain, I am not nor have ever been a member of the FJ fraternity....but its does seem to me that the "anonymous to$$er" was have a wee laugh?
After all he 'supposedly' told it to a girl in a bar, who told it to a journo....who then, no doubt, gave it her own spin. And why not. its good for a laugh dont you think?

And I have very little doubt that the harrier mate probably pulled her too!

Its the sense of humour that pulls the ladies; the bitter and twisted truckie 'but I have 4 engines, a galley and a loo' will fail to impress.....because you're obviously taking yourself faaaaaaaaar too seriously.

Hopefully he's a ppruner and we can get some follow-up banter going.

Hats off!

beerdrinker
20th Oct 2005, 06:59
BEagle,

Is your Breitling Aerospace a big watch?

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174189

diginagain
20th Oct 2005, 07:09
Ooooooooh!

Someone put "hoist" and "petard" into a single sentence, quick.

:p

BEagle
20th Oct 2005, 07:25
Not that big!

Neither is ...

Although given the opportunity to 'meet' V B-H, there might well be a dimensional change from a certain part of the anatomy!

;)

Duckbutt
20th Oct 2005, 07:55
dimensional change from a certain part of the anatomy!

Yeah, think mine would shrivel a little as well!

:rolleyes:

Flap62
20th Oct 2005, 08:07
Isn't VBH part of the 5th Gear prog - that's it, the same prog where her co-presenter flew with some Navy harrier chaps. Hmmm - think I spot a link here. Yet another example of the dark blue side having a rather inflated opinion of their pulling power I think.
If you have to mention any of the following words in conversation with a lady: "pilot, top gun, cockpit, shiney lever, ejection seat", then you really are missing the big picture!

JNo
20th Oct 2005, 08:21
What does a Harrier pilot use for birth control?

His personality.

Talking Radalt
20th Oct 2005, 10:06
If you have to mention any of the following words in conversation with a lady: "pilot, top gun, cockpit, shiney lever, ejection seat", then you really are missing the big picture!

Yeah! It should be:
"pilot, co-pilot, No1 crewman and No2 crewman, all one big happy family; door gun; centre hook; oils box; rotor blades" etc :}

effortless
20th Oct 2005, 10:18
Well she was on telly the other day with a Harrier pilot. He looked about twelve and a spotty youth. :} They got him to drive a Ford GT40 around a bit. I wonder if it was him.

Widger
20th Oct 2005, 10:26
Yet another example of the dark blue side having a rather inflated opinion of their pulling power I think.

Of course your badly cut denim that you call a uniform is a real hit with the ladies!!!

;) ;) ;) ;)

Wycombe
20th Oct 2005, 10:29
.....is it me, or has V B-H had a "enhancement" recently ??

Talking Radalt
20th Oct 2005, 11:21
He looked about twelve and a spotty youth.

Wasn't southside was it? :E

Aeronut
20th Oct 2005, 11:23
Breitling Aerospace diameter 40mm

thats 1.57 inches. Is that average or big?

Talking Radalt
20th Oct 2005, 11:27
Mine's a Seiko and goes forever....as long as my errrr....wrist keeps moving :O

skua
20th Oct 2005, 19:00
Wycombe,

I saw her at Brands Hatch about 2 years ago, and her terrain was definitely more East Anglia than Snowdonia. You could be right.

Skua

boswell bear
20th Oct 2005, 19:33
Us pilots are all the same..........how do know if your new neighbour is a pilot? Don't worry he'll soon tell you. :cool:

Personally I have a "medium" Omega Seamaster which will go down deeper than I'll ever dare.

As for Formula One drivers well they all have the ego of an aviator but half the grid pay for their drives so it evens out the pulling power with mere Harrier jockeys.

Tanewha
21st Oct 2005, 15:00
petitfromage,

let's be very plain, personality and sense of humor go a long way but size matters. As do money and power, of course.

Op Tastic
21st Oct 2005, 15:50
I had dinner with her not so long ago. Time was immaterial!

hippocrates
21st Oct 2005, 18:59
Both airbags looked mighty fine behind the wheel of her Beemer M5!:=

bad livin'
22nd Oct 2005, 21:21
Hueymeister - no, that's Warfare Officers!