PDA

View Full Version : choices

Liam82
19th Oct 2005, 17:04
Could anyone give me any information on Stapleford Flight centre ? has anyone been there or know anything about them ?

Also Bournemouth comercial flight training centre.

Lastly has anyone here had a skills test at OAT, in preparation what thing should or could I be looking at now to help, are the tests hard ? what do they consist of.

Hope someone can help,
Many thanks Liam.

What's a Girdler
19th Oct 2005, 21:21
BCFT, Only Groundschool at the moment, top notch, about to finish my last load of exams in Dec with them, I am a distant learner and its hard going with a full time job but their pass rates are good, so i hear, go and have a look at them.

twizzinav
22nd Oct 2005, 12:11
It’s comforting to observe the libelous reply posted on the 18th has been removed as Stapleford Airfield should be your only choice . they are becoming the premier Flight Training school in the UK with the best geographical position for surrounding busy air space and and the best of UK weather. There is an Alsim simulator and a new one to arrive in November for the two brand new Diamond D42 twinstars ( I believe there’s only at present one other D42 in the UK) These fully computer equipped planes are the way forward in the aviation industry I recently sat in the back of one and witnessed a nine year old boy fly a circuit solely on the Garmin G1000. That’s how easy they are!

The airfield being in the same hands for 40 years is the longest privately owned operation in the UK, the fleet of about 40 are all owned by JC and his daughter, they are well maintained and repaired immediately if there is a snag, I personally am just a middle aged lady GA pilot but have always observed a friendly helpful environment for students and I understand their 1st time pass rate for ATPL is 85% this year. The staff which some are of airline background are very passionate about their students and I have seen for myself the endless letters they receive weekly from their scholars whom now have gone on to the amazing opportunities out there in the industry and have witnessed whilst sitting in the clubhouse on many an occasion past students from way back return to thank JC for giving them the opportunity to their achievements . If in doubt give them a ring you wont be disappointed.