PDA

View Full Version : Phuket 747

wiggy
18th Oct 2005, 08:58
So the Phuket 747 is still parked up at LGW in full view of the terminals. Has anyone heard what is happening to it or the airline (just asking for the sake of noseyness).

NZLeardriver
18th Oct 2005, 09:01
Saw one parked up in Incheon a few weeks ago, too.

angels
18th Oct 2005, 09:14
I just checked on the wire services and the one at Inchon was released on October 6. It had been there for some two months and seemingly had begun to stink a bit!

It was a 743 with 568 seats (christ!). The airline owed 137 million won for fuel, 57 million won in airport charges and 16.4 million for catering.

(1053 won to the dollar, 1,835 to the pound).

Tolsti
18th Oct 2005, 09:18
the Incheon one was impounded for non payment of fees but this has been settled and it has departed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46892

I'm not sure about the Gatwick one but I don't think it is going anywhere soon....

Don't think this airline will be around for much longer anyway.

UV
18th Oct 2005, 23:26
Don't think this airline will be around for much longer anyway.

Well lets hope so...I flew to BKK with them and the following happened:

1. One of the doors was opened as we taxxied (!) and pilots engineers and eventually the Captain come down to inspect something outside. I suspect a flap.

2.The overhead reading lights flashed uncontrollably and so I moved to about six different seats as ALL had the seat belts were mounted INVERTED, so that the release buckle came towards your body, not away!

3. They cancelled the return flight and I had to come home a day early. No compensation or apology, just a text message from my travel agent saying the flight was cancelled.

As a Pilot I was appalled.

Hopefully the above day comes before the tragedy....

UV

LGW15
19th Oct 2005, 06:11
I have been wondering about the 747 at LGW.
It has been there for nearly 6 months and I don't think they are allowed to move it because BAA banned them from using LGW!

katana.flyer
19th Oct 2005, 06:33
UV - I'm genuinely curious. What made you choose Phuket to travel with? Ever since I can remember their existence they have been not exactly well regarded. Just curious to see why an informed person would set foot on one of their flights?

ScootCargoOps
19th Oct 2005, 12:22
A friend used Air Phuket LGW-BKK. 150GBP Return through an industry travel shop. Apparently the cabin crew gave a fantastic service! The only thing was the flight was delayed about 1 hour both ways.

Silvershadow
20th Oct 2005, 17:23
It's taken over from the Comet! And whose is the 747 you can see parked at Dunsfold? (shortly after taking off from 26L).

UV
20th Oct 2005, 19:01
Katan Flyer
Very good question..didnt research it enough!

Afetrward I found a web site for Airline Reviews (cannot remember the name) where people wrtie their experiences. Some there actually think Phuket Air is great some otherwise....so you take your choice maybe!
UV

Fried_Chicken
20th Oct 2005, 20:11
It's taken over from the Comet! And whose is the 747 you can see parked at Dunsfold? (shortly after taking off from 26L).

Type Dunsfold into the Search box, click go & your query will be answered :ok:

FC

jmccrew
20th Oct 2005, 23:41
I have been told that the a/c still has all its catering onboard and the loo's have not been dropped and given the summer we have just had, would not like to be the one to open door for the 1st time

LGW15
21st Oct 2005, 06:15
Someone said it had grass coming out of it!?