PDA

View Full Version : ATPL application (UK JAR)

what who me?
17th Oct 2005, 15:46
Well, I am confused to say the least.

Downloaded the appropriate LASORS section and checked that I meet all the requirements for ATPL issue, and I do. :ok:

Then I downloaded the application form from the CAA web and got somewhat stuck in section 5, flying experience. If there are only 5 flying requirements I have to meet (total time, night time, MPA time, cross country time and instrument time), why are there 38 boxes on the form? (Disregarding the helicopter column).

Or can I get away with just filling in 5 of them (ie put 1800H P.1 and 2600H total time in the 'total hours claimed' column under 'A', and leave the rest of the fields under 'A' empty?

And where do I record instrument time in the aircraft, but not under instruction or as SPIC? That is where most of my IF experience is (P.1 or P.2), but there appears to be nowhere where I can enter this information.

Lastly, this skill test thing. I am in current line flying practice on a MPA. I have heard conflicting stories regarding the need to do a skill test if you are in that situation. My next LPC is not for another 4 months and I'd hate to have to wait that long to get my green book issued.

Hope this makes some sense and someone can enlighten me. Anyone else feel this form (SRG\1137) could do with 'streamlining'?

Regards

WWM?