PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Radiation Trial?

Mr Wippy
17th Oct 2005, 12:22
Is anyone on here participating in a trial for Cosmic Radiation?

Fg Off Kite
17th Oct 2005, 18:40
There is a 2 Gp ASO on cosmic radiation and has been for as long as I can remember. It says that the regulations pertaining to cosmic radiation are currently being staffed and will be issued in due course.

Ref: 2G310.195.1

Quite a staffing - 8 years!

Perhaps the sponsor, HQ 2 GP SO1 TSR could enlighten us how his work is progressing.

jimgriff
17th Oct 2005, 19:27
Maybe that is what this is on the jag canopy? A cosmic radiation meter.....Unless you know different????

:Ehttp://www.ejectorseats.co.uk/nice%20p1.jpg

Fg Off Kite
17th Oct 2005, 19:33
Nah that's one of those tamagotcha thingies to stop him getting lonely.

Seriously though, why would you try to measure cosmic radiation in the weedosphere, you'd be better off measuring radiation on the top floor of main building, it's higher up!

edited for typo

An Teallach
17th Oct 2005, 19:38
Nah Kite, Ken him ... he's a Weegie. It's a Nedagotchi (http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/toys/glaNedagotchi.html) in ra airyplane.

Mr Wippy
17th Oct 2005, 19:40
Nah, its just that i have been involved with the trials now ongoing at BZN. Each person selected for the trial is wearing a velcro patch on the right arm on to which a pouch containing two dosimeters are fitted. Just I was interested to see how many aircrew type chaps are involved, thats all.

jimgriff
17th Oct 2005, 19:44
So whats the widget on the jag canopy then?:confused:

Mr Wippy
17th Oct 2005, 19:46
Its a bluetooth sensor for his mobile. Hands free is the way forward!;)

Radar Muppet
17th Oct 2005, 19:47
Personality projector?

Mr Wippy
17th Oct 2005, 20:01
Its a sensor for the Helmet Mounted Missle Sight:

The RAF's Jaguar fleet has recently undergone a major upgrade programme and been designated as the Jaguar GR3 (or T4 for the 2-seat version). The upgrade included improved avionics including Global Positioning System (GPS) and Terrain-Referenced Navigation (TRN) , Night Vision Goggles (NVG) compatible lighting (both internally and externally), helmet-mounted sight and ASRAAM capability, and new Head-Up and Head-Down Displays in the cockpit.

A similar version of the system used on the Apache.

Fg Off Kite
17th Oct 2005, 20:08
After all those years of cruel taunts when I wore my special tin-foil hat.

Now I shall have the last laugh

.. ha ha .....he he ....ho ho.....

clicker
17th Oct 2005, 23:37
Could that be why the USAF has a NASA WB-57 at MIldenhall this week?

Seems to be flying every 2 days or so including night flights, all of several hrs endurance.