PDA

View Full Version : living in Madrid

wygren
17th Oct 2005, 06:13
Hola,

I got a pilot job in Madrid, moving there in Feb 2006. Can any one tell me about living in Madrid. Is it expencive to rent appartments (could be in the suburb, on the airport side) or should one rent a bungalow? Im bringing my famely along, so I need at least 3 room. Any info concerning Madrid would be preciated, never been there before:confused::ooh: :D

Gracias

Wyg

atcsstudent
17th Oct 2005, 08:27
I'm not sure, but I think that most pilots living in madrid, or staying there for some nights, live in Barajas or Alameda de Osuna. Both of them just near the airport.
By the way, where are you starting work?
Good luck!

Cipri
17th Oct 2005, 18:09
an apartment with 3 bedrooms near barajas could cost you around 900-1000 €

richiya
18th Oct 2005, 11:24
HI,
A road going to the airport from the north of Madrid has made it much easier to get to Barajas.You can either choose to live right by the airpot in the Alameda de Osuna area or Barajas town (which has an underground subway that goes straight to the airpot/center of Madrid) or you could also look into living in towns on the northern outskirts of madrid which are growing like crazy. Check Alcobendas or San Sebastian de los Reyes which are about 15 or 20 kms from madrid, or if you where looking for something a little bit more "upmarket" check the new Sanchinarro or Las Tablas area, these are actually just on the outskirts af Madrid, some 3 or 4 kms away.
hope this helps,
Richiya

wygren
18th Oct 2005, 17:03
hola y gracias,

Do you guys know anything about furnished appartments,
are the much more expencive and hard to find?
Thanks for all replies

/wygren

Cipri
19th Oct 2005, 00:49
if you can handle the language, this link might be of great help

http://www.idealista.com

You can search different districts.

e.g:

http://www.idealista.com/pagina/buscar?op=mostrar_pref&ubicacion=28-079-07-001-21-XXX

in my opinion, Alameda de Osuna is very near and not bad at all
you might as well find something in sanchinarro (10 minutes drive) there are thousands of new appartments there. Campo de las naciones is also very near an nice to live in.

Search and search thats the best way. check your PMs

cleartouchandgo
25th Oct 2005, 13:14
hi, myself and a couple of other engineers were posted here from UK...and it is great.

Depending on budget, Campo de las Naciones, 10mins from airport is another great area. Dearer than some others, but for 1200EU you can find a nice 2 bed flat with pool etc. 3 beds probably closer to 1500 although it does vary. I have seen 3 beds for 1300 with pool and padel courts (spanish version of tennis-squash together!).

The city is great and you shouldn't have any problems getting settled in about 10 minutes!

Good luck
CTG

nopoal
27th Oct 2005, 12:37
Hi,

For which company are you going to fly??

Nice flights,

flaps 15% :cool: