PDA

View Full Version : Chinook Pilot Punches Us Marine

KPax
16th Oct 2005, 07:42
Apologies if this has appeared before, what was the full story behind the article as follows. ' A furious british helicopter pilot who came under friendly fire from american troops landed yards from them, leapt out and exchanged punches with a US Marine. The Chinook pilot shouted at him; when was the last time you saw a F*****g Iraqi a a helicopter. Sounds like a correct response to me

flash8
16th Oct 2005, 10:45
I certainly hope this isn't apocryphal, lets hear the full story please!

LunchMonitor
16th Oct 2005, 11:03
This is an old story it may even be from GW1 (Although the gulf has all blurred into one now!). Certainly a long time ago since I first heard it.

Tigs2
16th Oct 2005, 11:12
It was GW2 but i think you'll find it was the Load Master who went out after the aircraft had landed. I dont think he punched him, but did give him a severe verbal beating.

Bob Viking
16th Oct 2005, 11:21
I heard it was the group of burly passengers down the back end who had a quiet word with the yanks, but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good rumour!
BV

Rakshasa
16th Oct 2005, 13:24
Ooohhoo! This tale sounds like it might be worth a round or two down Odiham way! :}

old developer
16th Oct 2005, 17:32
i presume the Yank was a WO1

An Teallach
16th Oct 2005, 17:37
PPRuNe Search is your friend:

See here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?postid=847599&highlight=chinook+marine#post847599).

MechGov
17th Oct 2005, 02:18
There was a Nav flt Cdr at Lyneham who got punched by a sailor "down route". I never did here the end result, but I recall that the said Nav was trying to have "action taken". As I recall this particular nav had people forming orderly lines at reunions to punch him.