PDA

View Full Version : Sn25p

ORAC
15th Oct 2005, 09:54
Just building a new Shuttle SN25P cube and have had multiple problems. Any suggestions?

Built the cube using 3 x 250Gb Spinpoint SATA drives and a DVD ROM.

Loaded Win XP 64 bit and all seemed to go well, except I didn't have drivers for the LAN etc. Trying loading some other drivers and it then refused to boot saying it was unable to find the ntrldr file.

Decided to load Win XP Pro (32 bit), but upon trying to install kept getting dumped out with a screen saying there was a problem with the ntrkrnl file, error 7. Searching the web this is a ACPI BIOS problem which can be bypassed by holding down F7. Did so but the installation stopped later with a screen saying that an error had been found and installation was stopping to prevent damage to the machine.

Decided the problem might be due to the SATA, so removed all the SATA drives and installed an IDE/UDMA drive and tried installing again. Now I get errors when trying to install with Windows reporting errors in copied files and failing to copy files, happens with 2 different copies of Win XP.

Not sure if this is a BIOS, CPU, memory or CD ROM problem, any suggestions?

Kendo Nagasaki
15th Oct 2005, 21:27
Sounds like duff memory - but it could be any number of things. Try with just one hard disk, but deffo try different ram.

Sorry, but when i put my SN25P together last week it all went swimmingly! :ok: :E

rickity
15th Oct 2005, 23:00
Sounds similiar to a set of problems I had, turned out to be duff memory. took a long time to suss it though. memtest proved it in the end.

Ricity

ZH875
15th Oct 2005, 23:25
unable to find the ntrldr file This usually stems from having the first boot device set as floppy disk and leaving a non bootable floppy disk in the drive....

Mac the Knife
16th Oct 2005, 07:32
In order of appearance...

Wrong memory timings set in the BIOS? (some BIOSes don't read the timings right)

Duff memory?

Duff disk controller?

Duff MOBO?

Run Memtest for a start.