PDA

View Full Version : Casa Arn

Ross_11
14th Oct 2005, 10:37
Hi,
Anyone here familiar on the normal procedure for getting yourself an ARN (Aviation Ref. No.)?
According to the CASA website, you need a certain 'photo identification', and a completed 'Form 1162'. Anyone know if there are any other requirements? Also, is the procedure the same for all overseas pilots?

Thanx in advance :ok:

PS. ....the CASA site also mentions something bout a background check in relation with the application for an ARN.....is a background check a requirement for the ARN...or later on for the SPL..??:confused:

Horatio Leafblower
14th Oct 2005, 13:01
Ross,

If you apply for a Student Licence or have a pilot medical you will be allocated an ARN.

CASA will issue an ARN as soon as they have a dealing with you, whether you want one or not!

If you are from India you should look closely at the ID requirements and contact your intended flying school. They will help you complete all the forms - it's their job.

Cheers

:cool:

Ross_11
15th Oct 2005, 01:53
Thanks Horatio.
true, if you're applying for an SPL, the ARN is provided automatically. There is, however, another clause on the CASA site which mentions that one may apply for the ARN separately, IF required. This is of particular interest to me since i need to complete an OZ class 1 medical in india itself...and apparently you need an ARN for the medical.
Secondly, going by the delays in the issuance of SPL's, more so in the case of overseas pilot students (lengthy background checks apparently!):( might be a better idea to obtain an ARN separately and in advance.

BTW, is there any other form of obtaining an SPL other than the one with a photo ID?.....seems the photot ID related license takes months (no longer weeks):eek: for issuance!

Hey, i just got another opinion on this....:confused: they say YOU DON'T NECESSARILY NEED AN ARN FOR THE CLASS 1 MEDICAL!
IS this true?.....Would greatly appreciate any info on this....

Thanks in advance

inxs
16th Oct 2005, 16:58
Email: [email protected] - and they will help you with all your queries re ARNs, medicals, etc. [email protected]