PDA

View Full Version : Loft / Joc / Jot

CaptSimile
13th Oct 2005, 11:28
Good Afternoon everyone,

If possible could anyone enlighten me on the difference between a LOFT course and a Jet Orientation Course ???

On an online application for a German Airline, it requests if I have undertaken a LOFT course - I have undertaken a Jet Orientation Course on a full motion B757-200, would this allow me to tick yes???

Thanks in advance and apologies for my English.

CaptSimile

ricky-godf
13th Oct 2005, 12:34
I suppose the LOFT includes the safety procedures (first aid, doors and slides, fire & smoke), the RVSM, dangerous goods etc etc.
I am not 100% sure though.
Hope this helps.

CaptSimile
13th Oct 2005, 13:04
Thanks for the reply ricky-godf,

After some further research, I think you are right.

On the jobs forum it was suggested that I try the Oxford Forum, I will do that.

I will report back if I get a definative answer.

CaptSimile

coolguy
14th Oct 2005, 17:50
Loft. Jot

LOFT is Line Oriented Flight Training, That s once U finish your CPL/MEIR and join an Airline/Company ( or about to join) and then the Airline will train you with line experience, with Company SOPs ,

JOT /JOC is a Transition course which is known as the Jet Orientation Course/Training , where its also known as athe Bridge Training, where it links the gap between the Piston/Turbine culture to the Jet Culture.

Hope this is clear.

Cheers

COOLGUY

moggiee
14th Oct 2005, 21:30
There is no formal definition of any of them - the only such course recognised as part of the licencing process is MCC.

However, it is generally accepted that LOFT training is SOP/route training (performed in a simulator or aeroplane) to build experience. It is not exclusive to jets - hence the lack of "Jet" in the title.

Jet Orientation Course/Training usually combines LOFT with hands-on jet flying to prepare for the particularly big step from light pistons to jets.

All may include the MCC syllabus to qualify for the issue of an MCC certificate but the actual syllabus and SOPs used will usually be determined by the sponsor airline or training provider.

To be honest, for the advert, I would expect that they are really talking about MCC because you can not complete a multipilot type rating until you have completed an MCC.