PDA

View Full Version : Naval Club in Mayfair

Oggin Aviator
12th Oct 2005, 22:16
This (http://www.navalclub.co.uk/) looks like a great place to use to visit London. Anybody got any feedback plus does membership allow entry to other clubs?

Cheers

Oggin

mystic_meg
12th Oct 2005, 22:57
does membership allow entry to other clubs?

Free lifetime admission to the Blue Oyster Club, ISTR..:E

Oggin Aviator
13th Oct 2005, 04:29
lol - legal I suppose !

Widger
13th Oct 2005, 07:39
Oh! Suits you Sir! Oh!

southside
13th Oct 2005, 11:08
Good club but bloomin bloomin expensive and a bit Naval. If you don't mind walking into the bar and having to excuse your rig to the doddering old fella in the corner then its ok. You may find this (www.ujclub.co.uk) place cheaper and more friendly.

Zoom
13th Oct 2005, 14:36
If you are no longer serving you could try this place (http://www.vsc.co.uk) as it's just off Marble Arch. 'Tis a city centre bargain.

jEtGuiDeR
13th Oct 2005, 16:20
and a bit Naval
Funny that, being a Naval Club!!

Vim_Fuego
13th Oct 2005, 16:32
Used the Victory Services club myself...Reasonable rates for that part of London..

It is just off the Edgare road which in the early evening is like walking through a souk..

Bedrooms are a bit basic...remind me of the Gateway at BZN. Bar is new and a good starting point for a like minded bunch of chaps hell bent on a night of mischief...my top lip is glistening at the thought!!

Crashed&Burned
13th Oct 2005, 19:21
Had a bar lunch at the Naval Club yesterday. Club is quite small, staff willing but amateur. Club comfy but a little worn at the edges.

I am told membership is relatively easy to get unlike the RAF Club, which is much superior.

Club is conveniently located in the corner, a little behind Park Lane and Piccadilly. Good area for sightseeing. Close to various embassies so police presence in the area is high. Parking scarce and expensive.

By the way, the bar lunch was pretty poor.

C&B

Oggin Aviator
14th Oct 2005, 01:29
southside - UJC looks good but says it is for people quote "below commissioned rank" - therefore no officer's allowed?

VSC clubs looks good as well - might give that a go.

Cheers

Oggin

Tracey Island
14th Oct 2005, 09:07
The In and Out Club at 4 St James's Square is top value for FAAOA members.:ok:

Predannack
27th Oct 2005, 14:14
Good Club, and NOT expensive as 'southside' thought. FAAOA members always welcome. Excellent weekend B&B rates. Dress regulations more liberal than most London clubs. See www.navalclub.co.uk

Michael Edic
27th Oct 2005, 14:38
I found the RAF Club rather easy to join, maybe because I fulfill the membership requirements, like being an RAF officer!

MG
27th Oct 2005, 16:05
The Union Jack Club does allow officers in but you pay a little more than the ORs, almost on a par with the RAF Club. The rooms are basic but it's a fine bolthole for a night out, especially if your train gets into Waterloo as it's just over the pedestrian crossing from the station.

Navaleye
27th Oct 2005, 17:41
IIRC we used to call it the "in" "out" club. Fine establishment.

southside
27th Oct 2005, 20:40
The Union Jack Club does allow officers in but you pay a little more than the ORs

Ring, ring....

"UJC, Can I help you?"

"Can I book onto th UJC for the night please?"

"Certainly Sir. Are you an Officer or Other Rank"

"Whats the difference?"

"£25 per night"

"I'm an Other rank thanks"

"excellent, your confirmed as booked in"