PDA

View Full Version : Limewire, iTunes and File sharing

joe2812
12th Oct 2005, 17:57
If somebody on our LAN has Limewire running you can view their shared files in iTunes. Is it actually possible to swap files?

We've had great fun laughing at people's poor taste in music but would also like to share the wealth with others.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers, Joe

Daysleeper
12th Oct 2005, 18:07
Is it due to Limewire ? there is an option in Itunes to allow those on a LAN to view and listen to your library.

As for swapping files thats a dreadfull illegal activity which must be stamped out........why not get them to just send you the mp3s as files?

joe2812
12th Oct 2005, 21:34
Oh no, the LAN is our Uni network so on iTunes I pick up loads of Limewire playlists from people in other buildings.

I was listening to some person's playlist earlier and wondered if it was possible to transfer the files aswell as just listen to them?

Not that I would of course....... it was just an interesting concept...

Daysleeper
13th Oct 2005, 06:33
As a theoretical concept :D if you are running limewire as well you can download files but there is no way of making sure those only come from within the LAN limewire will drag files from wherever it can so if there is a live internet feed they could come from there.