PDA

View Full Version : Views on GTS

jarvis123
12th Oct 2005, 13:34
What are your views on GTS for distance learning for ATPLs?

Tuned In
12th Oct 2005, 14:35
You'll get more replies to this sort of question if you allow PMs. Some people, for various reasons, don't want to post opinions in open forum.

My views are positive, by the way.

WX Man
12th Oct 2005, 15:23
Top banana. You WON'T be going wrong if you do DL with them.

Some of the clearest and most comprehensive ATPL manuals in the industry.

helicopter-redeye
12th Oct 2005, 16:10
Top notch experts who have been there, seen it and wove the T-Shirt.

The exam feedback is first rate. Many of the questions in many of the exams were covered as classroom feedback (i.e. we went through WHY it was this answer and the background rather than just playing memory tests).

The ADVANTAGE with GTS is that you walk away from the course having passed the exams and having a deep understanding of the subject. The manuals are some of the most detailed in the industry. The exam feedback, as noted, excellent. The classroom sessions are more tutorial than 100 seat lecture theatre so you are gntee'd the personal touch for difficulties.

Many of us use the other on-line and CD based exam systems from others schools as well, but thats about making sure ...

AND you get some good real life stories (the surging turbine story of Dave's is legendary ...)

h-r:)

Fair_Weather_Flyer
12th Oct 2005, 16:13
GTS are great. I started my ATPL's with another school that is only ever praised in these forums. This just didn't work for me and I failed numerous exams and could not see myself passing them. I switched to GTS on the advice of a friend. After that I never busted a single exam. The GTS guys are superb teachers who truly make you understand the subject rather than concentrating on rote learning of past exam question. I just wish I'd started with them.

Daft Wader
12th Oct 2005, 16:36
and Mr Webbs Golfing trousers are legendary........

you ain't seen me right

Daft Wader

:ok:

Philip Aerodynamics
12th Oct 2005, 17:30
Throughout all my training these chaps were the best. I have very happy memories of my time spent there and made some good friends. Every student matters and if you doñt pass with them its down to you. First Class.

helicopter-redeye
12th Oct 2005, 18:18
And everybody helps each other during and after the on-site parts of the training. No competition between students. Only with the examiner ...

Send Clowns
12th Oct 2005, 23:54
I think I might have taught you AC electrics, Fair Weather! Hope that bit went OK, despite the limited time in a distance-learning brush up.

Barcadi
14th Oct 2005, 00:23
Hi
dont want to sound too ignorant here...but what's the full name of GTS
been searching but didn't come up w/anything like it
if u've contact info would also b great
thx...
p.s. ooh this is embarassing :(

14th Oct 2005, 00:47
Ground Training Services - and yes they are superb.

helicopter-redeye
14th Oct 2005, 08:37
If my overloaded memory serves me right the web address is www.gtserv.co.uk and the phone number is 01202 580809 and Rogers email is [email protected] (Head of Training).

Barcadi
14th Oct 2005, 10:51
thx everyone!
good luck to u all ;)

mach252
14th Oct 2005, 14:55
As 'fair weather flyer' said, I went to a popular ground school that did not work out for me also and after failing a few exams I switched to GTS and never looked back. I went from failing some exams at 65% to passing the same ones with 92%!! I cannot praise them enough, they really teach the subject matter to you and you benefit from a smaller classroom size which, for me I prefer, added to that, these guys have some really good experience under their belts. You still have to work hard, but its worth it in the end! Good luck!