PDA

View Full Version : Ozjet

CANNANULAR
12th Oct 2005, 02:05
Can anyone tell me if OZJET received its AOC,and when they start flying.?
Thanks

fruitloop
14th Oct 2005, 23:00
It has gone very quite !!

Buster Hyman
15th Oct 2005, 05:24
Stealth mode...

BankAngle50
15th Oct 2005, 06:27
They had that old junk out on A @ MEL last week doing compass swings. :yuk:I look fwd the summer flame out and the JT8D burping RTOs, although the media headlines will be the real treat. Notice how they never refer to the series on there www, only Boeing 737 from EU.
Ill be generous---6 months tops. Lets take bets now.

king oath
15th Oct 2005, 07:49
Why not organise a sweep on how long they will last.

Chasing a niche market is risky, but if it pays off good luck. You have to be in the game to win.

Enema Bandit's Dad
15th Oct 2005, 07:49
Oh Legal_Counsel, Legal_Counsel, where art thou be oh Legal_Counsel?

Jet Jockey
15th Oct 2005, 08:59
Some of you guys have not travelled to far abroad. I can tell. There is plenty of Airlines out there still using 737-200s in a lot more competitve markets tahn little ole oz. Ryanair off the top of myhead 2nd largest airline in Europe by capitalization still has plenty and only 18 months ago started replacing for newer aircraft. It didn't hinder their rapid rise to fame. And not a whole lot of major incidents either.
Pax geneally only distinguish between size, jet or prop and cabin niceties. It won't be the planes that bring him unstuck. Just his pockets ain't big enough to take on the red rat with backroom Government support. Hell skippy even has a corner on the media now Packers on the board!

Chocks Away
15th Oct 2005, 09:58
Damn, the D & G section has got to be the most negative, bitching, back stabbing section of Pprune. :hmm:

Jet jockey (above) is right and the Australian market is no different. You keep on bitching and cutting down this Ozjet show about to start, lets see you :mad: put up the mustard and start an airline...

Two sayings come to mind:
If you're not helping, you're part of the problem...

Lead, help or get out of the way!

Can I suggest some of you change you're whole outlook because you must be the biggest :mad: and negative bastards to be with!?

L G Cooper
15th Oct 2005, 11:03
Chocks Away,

you're not helping. But you must feel better after that, no?

LGC

FirstOfficer
15th Oct 2005, 11:04
I hope they last as long as they can...

RENURPP
15th Oct 2005, 13:48
I wish them good luck.
Who cares what model 737's they use, except the Ray band leather jacket Bankstown tossers.

Avid Aviator
15th Oct 2005, 17:03
This week's press suggests AOC will be issued mid Nov; 3rd aircraft due in Aust early December. Stoddart reported as saying they will fly in Nov.

rescue 1
16th Oct 2005, 01:24
Would have to agree with Jet Jockey.

Good luck to the guys - I often wish that I had the same sense of adventure to start an airline.

They are paying for endorsements - this company should be supported by the aviation community and not ridiculed and shouted down before they start.

Chocks away summed it up nicely:-

If you're not helping, you're part of the problem...

Meeb
16th Oct 2005, 08:52
Jet Jockey... it is you who has not travelled much if you use Ryanair as an example... just for your info mate... different market... totally! :rolleyes:

They are paying for endorsements - this company should be supported by the aviation community and not ridiculed and shouted down before they start.

Do you know anything about the person behind this airline....? Maybe you should look into that before mouthing off my friend.... :mad:

We can wish them well, but there are major issues in the UK with this character that needs sorted before new ventures are started.

I am still laughing at Jet Jockey... you really need to look outside Australia mate.... :p

fruitloop
20th Oct 2005, 11:32
Is that a second or third one parked at the old International terminal in Brizzy ?

Zigzag
20th Oct 2005, 12:59
G-CEAI - Second one. (Originally the first, if that makes sense!)