PDA

View Full Version : Weather frustrations

buster172
11th Oct 2005, 11:14
Hi,

I’m looking for some advice on what to do.

Having started my CPL a month ago I am only half way through. It’s not the school, aircraft or instructor, all these I’m really happy with but the weather.

I thought that I should do the CPL first, while the weather was good (what a joke) and leave the IR for the winter. However I am growing increasingly frustrated at my progress, which, when I am in the airplane is going ok, but at this rate the CPL may take up to 9 weeks to get.

I don’t want to change to the IR when I only need eight or nine full test runs to finish off, its just I have been saying for the last four weeks, it might be better tomorrow, it might clear up this afternoon. Anyone else been here? If I start the IR, the clouds will part and I’ll be kicking myself but at least I would be making progress in the sim for four weeks.

It’s been recommended that I do the IR first by my CPL instructor, I’m not sure if that’s a reflection of my ability, my IF flying isn’t that bad considering its all new. I have read posts on hear about doing the IR first and part of me feels this is still the best option, but every week that passes, with me hoping for a flyable day, the bills grow and my frustration builds.

Am I just being impatient?

It’s a total gamble on the weather but I feel that the IR is going to be bloody hard if I have a CPL or not, a 55 hour course seems a long time to get to grips with something, friends believe I will manage as well as anyone else and sitting around for another 4 weeks and getting the CPL will not make a huge difference to my IR experience.

If you’re bored like me looking out at the rain, or have five minutes I would appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers and happy flying!

wbryce
11th Oct 2005, 16:29
I think Thursday may be a better day! Get some lessons booked for then!

I have been really lucky with the weather, its always played into my hands...(touch wood).