PDA

View Full Version : DEFO Pay

Hogan
11th Oct 2005, 03:38
Hi Everyone

I was recently in HK for my second interview for DEFO and I am happy to say I passed. We received the standard company briefings, one of which was about foreign basing pay, benefits, etc. We got a pay scale (US in my case) for FO's and Captains, but it was also explained that there is an overtime pay for credited hours over 84. Now as I understood, these are not only flight hours, but also include other calculations which the people at CX weren't too clear about. I suppose they must include duty time or time on reserve.
Could anyone shed some light on this? Basically I am trying to figure out what my realistic yearly earnings would be on the first few years as an FO on top of the basic wages that we were handed out.
Thanks

arryboy
11th Oct 2005, 07:25
then don't bother to include overtime in your calculations............................you won't be seeing any........most months you'll average about 65-75 Credit hours, this covers all sims, reserve and flying and if you ever get rostered into overtime they'll roster you out of it before the month ends

Good luck

Freehills
11th Oct 2005, 10:06
Yes, OT is deliberately pretty punitive for the company to pay, so they try to avoid it...

And if you are in a position that you are getting OT on regular basis, the circumstances behind that (short crew/ upgrades/ whatever) will mean such roster disruption that it doesn't make up the aggerawatin' you'll be takin' anyway