PDA

View Full Version : NAC - Officially Broke

victor two
11th Oct 2005, 01:46
The bubble seems to have burst for NT charter company Northern Air Charter. Today's NT News reports that the Darwin based charter airline has gone bust only 3 months after being "saved" by interstate investors. The company is reported to owe hundreds of thousands of dollars to maintenance companies, fuel suppliers and in aircraft hire costs. New owner Philip George is reported as staing that the company will not be able to pay it's debts. He is also quoted as saying that he did not investigate the finances of the business in enough detail prior to purchasing it from local identity Stefan Wood in July 2005.

Shortly after purchasing the company, he was sent an unexpected bill from the taxation office for several hundred thousand dollars. Stefan Wood is qouted as saying that he has had no involvement with NAC since the sale, in the next sentence he is qouted as saying he still consults for them.

Looks like the days of loud mambo shirts, Top End Boys TV and Richard Branson style excesses are over forever in that particular hanger.

Full story in today's NT News, page 3 behind another crocodile scandal.

thinking pilot
11th Oct 2005, 07:59
The end of an era.

Top class professional organisation, run by a true gentleman.

A true friend of the GA pilot.

A sad, sad day.

Erin Brockovich
11th Oct 2005, 08:50
No, a great day where justice finally prevailed.

I think you’ll find that the Leprechaun has no friends. His last one was J.R. from DirectAir who f#cked him at his own game. Certainly won’t be any GA pilots calling him a friend.

A classic example of what goes around comes around. I heard he even had to sell his Leprechaun House (http://www.coral-lab.org/~arm1/digital/ireland_2002_new/ireland_2002_new-Pages/Image18.html). The one the pilots payed for with their sweat and tears.

I can’t help feeling sorry for Philip but the imbecile should have known better than to trust Stefan’s accounting. If you do business with a crook eventually you will get robbed.

Good to see the pilots kept their positions. After all there would be no company without them. So who coughs up for their back-pay now?

And to the predictable replies from the Stefan fan club – NO he was not the saviour of the low time GA pilot, just a predator of the weak.

I just hope he has learned something from this experience and becomes a better person / businessman for it.

Mr. Hat
11th Oct 2005, 08:50
how much was it bought for?

Equatorial
11th Oct 2005, 11:27
The last week has seen the final nail in the NAC coffin, with it losing its AOC. But as we now read it doesn't end there - AusJet refuses to allow the leprechaun to fly it's aircraft, his post-modern 80's miami vice wannabe house is up for sale (someone let Crockett and Tubbs know), the girlfriend and the 'monroe' went ages ago (the ute is a good look by the way leprechaun - don't roll that one) and now the fact that PG can't finance his soon to be nominated creditors.

Leprechaun as has been said by Erin what goes around comes around - can you possibly put a number of how many pilots from the Top End that have had even the slightest amount to do with you that are now rejoicing in the fact that you have lost it all? Funny isn't it that you are still a small fish floating belly up in a small tank.

It is quite well acknowledged on this site the way that you have treated pilots like they are nothing except scum. I have friends that have worked for you and you yourself know that this sort of misadventure was due for a long time. That you have lost everything is the way that it should have happened, (no more cash jobs going straight from the safe to your greasy little mitts)

Leprechaun - even in absolute defeat you attempt to parade as Thinking Pilot and that you helped low time pilots - what a load of rubbish (obviously a wind up) the 'grapevine' has been lavishing your demise. I'd suggest you save some cash and disconnect from the net - you may need $$

And for the sale of NAC, who would ever trust the leprechaun in the sale of NAC without running some numbers very very carefully - no sympathy there.

I'd say it's a fair bet that your old mate in maintenance isn't too happy either - his planes don't seem to be moving.

Shame you didn't make it to ten years huh leprechaun

:ok:

steelcraft
11th Oct 2005, 22:11
It is funny how little discussion his ultimate demise has generated. It has been an interesting story from the small beginnings with C310Q VH-HZR bought from MIMI AIR back in 1995/96. Then came the 944 Porsche and so on and so on.

bobtbuilder
11th Oct 2005, 23:07
The best news i have had in a long time. Many a flying business come and go, and for the majority it is external factors to which the owner has no control, that cause the business to close. In this case it is the fault of one person only, and as stated prior there will be plane loads of happy people to see this day come. He has shafted not only pilots but many aircraft owners also, and for someone who once thought he had all the smarts and power in the world he is now a nothing. Now he may see what life is like on the other side without might and money. He may get a job flying again but one can only hope its in a 152 in the middle of the Simpson on a 45 degree day. For those that feel for PG rest easy as he was a large part of the running of nac way before July. For the people of Darwin dont be to concerned about the lack of transport as im sure there will be another flying business ready to open soon, and maybe moore visitors now that the scum of the airport has been wiped off.
If anyone who knows when the sale of assets will be please post as i am keen to get a Barron for $30,000

thinking pilot
12th Oct 2005, 00:32
New AOC holders, former NAC frontman and legendary bigman PD, aka TVSA/tealady.

Could be on the move north.

steelcraft
12th Oct 2005, 00:59
All you would need to add now would be the other bigman TB from Tyabb now with CASA. I remember he loved fishing so he would be right at home.

ginjockey
12th Oct 2005, 02:34
I find it just way too hard to believe that even the most trusting businessman would buy a GA charter company without having the accounts examined in detail. It just does not sound right l that his bloke would buy into an already reputation tainted company and then be surprised by a tax bill in the mail for "several hundred thousand dollars".

That suggests to me that tax wasn't being paid prior to sale or that tax was not paid prior to end of financial year 04/05 or something like that. Anyway, the guy is a goose for not checking the books but it seems that there is more to this than what was reported. Nobody can be that stupid and the buyer's contract lawyers would have been all over it like a rash when they did the assets and profit / loss figures..............either way, the tax office will get their bit I can assure you.

Something stinks about it. Noone is that stupid............ or are they?

ginjockey
12th Oct 2005, 06:05
And what was he consulting in anyway............... How to lose money maybe?

U2
13th Oct 2005, 01:29
I would like to know what people think will happen to the Darwin seen. Will the local industry FINALLY change and stop offering cheap air charter. Now some of the local engineers and refuelers will be hurting rather than just the pilots. I think the engineers and refuellers will be less tolerant about unpaid bills. Sadly, this has happened not too long after a good commercially viable company like Anadilly... closed down.

I personally, would hate to see the other Darwin companies rushing into feast on the something that represents a commercial abortion.

No more cheap air charter. Sorry, to those aspiring pilots, but it's not worth it. Move somewhere else.

U2

T3000
13th Oct 2005, 06:02
its all too sad:{

Enufsaid
13th Oct 2005, 11:18
Well well me thinks the next one on the list will be AN.

From having met some former (good) staff now in the airlines they owe over 100k in unpaid super.. from 4 years ago !.. i know of a few former employees taking their case to court over other matters too, such as award packpay. Sounds just like another Nac to me...

Time to pull your finger out of your butt fellas, an pay up what the employees are entitled to. By the way they are specials on at K-mart for 20 lt jerrycans.

Vacant Towers
14th Oct 2005, 00:34
"Well well me thinks the next one on the list will be AN".

Hang on a minute: I thought AN fell over 4 years ago. Don't tell me I was supposed to be still going to Tulla each day all this time:{

Vacant Towers

maxgrad
14th Oct 2005, 01:53
A little more north than that methinks VT.
Maybe its just in the name

The NZ's are getting all over that area too:eek:

DUXNUTZ
14th Oct 2005, 03:49
For those of you up there, NAC completely closed up or still flying??? (under another AOC etc)

ginjockey
14th Oct 2005, 09:28
The following ad was seen in today's newspaper lawn sale classifieds

"FOR SALE: Large selection of obnoxious mambo shirts - well worn, Holden Monaro - badly damaged but good for spare parts, One Coaster Bus - also badly damaged, interior smells of alcohol, good for spare parts, one golf cart and trailer - both badly damaged but may be good for parts, one leprechaun costume including hat, some grass and minor blood stains - great for corporate golf days, One Pilot headset - hardly used, Operator's manual for Cessna Citation Jet - never used and still in box, assorted scooters, wakeboards, skateboards, boogie boards, water skis and other toys and gadgets in various colours, large selection of cheap aircraft paint - red and white colour only but suitable for DIY paint jobs, various framed pictures of self - frames may be suitable for re use.

Must sell. Owner short on cash and leaving town. "

I wonder if that is related...............

T3000
15th Oct 2005, 22:59
nice one gin
it is true that RATS jump off sinking ships.
says a lot about the character of the man in question.
looks like he's done the full circle.
hopefully he'll realise in future that he should treat people with respect. that way maybe people would respect him.
leason learnt.

tinpis
15th Oct 2005, 23:13
Always a shame when someone loses it.
No real winners only bloody lawyers.
Still...one bright spot...we may NEVER EVER be subjected to The Top End Boys again ! :ok:

PLovett
17th Oct 2005, 04:37
DUXNUTZ

Believe Australasian Jet have taken over NAC in Darwin as they have all the other former NAC bases.

Whether that was done through the administrator in bankruptcy or not I do not know but I suspect they may have been the largest creditor.

DUXNUTZ
17th Oct 2005, 05:26
Thanx for the info.

Never know, they may just base a Lr-35 at Maningrida for all we know!

heat
18th Oct 2005, 02:42
I expect this will not be the last we hear of the the leach! Heard he is taking over Batchelor base!

PLovett
18th Oct 2005, 03:42
heat

He always had that [Batchelor Air Charter] AOC in the bottom drawer.

Be interesting to know whether it is the company (NAC) that has gone bust or HA himself. I believe it was the company.

If it is only the company, were there any personal guarantees linking HA to the debt, if so perhaps the second AOC should have been declared as an asset. :suspect:

heat
18th Oct 2005, 12:29
He may still have the batchelor AOC. Don't think the main mob down their like him though, he will need some pilot puppets to run the show!

Maybe we can all pitch in and lend him a Cessna 152(aerobat) to get started and give 50 bucks to the servo to do the maintenance!

:ok:

Erin Brockovich
19th Oct 2005, 02:49
It’s official. (http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=082_452_113&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1)

I believe the administrators will be holding a meeting this Friday. No more details. Just a heads up to anyone owed money by these clowns.

Looks like the Christmas party will be in sunny Batchelor this year.

captwawa
20th Oct 2005, 04:23
Altho he says he's away from it all SW still has trouble ahead, but more about that in the future.

Erin the link that you placed is a big sign to all previous pilots that he did not beat everyone - in fact the pilots of NAC had the final victory and that can not be changed. The fact that he lost his company is a major blow to his ego above anything else.

GinJockey that was a very funny post - you hit the nail on the head perfectly.

Stay tuned for the latest developments.

wawa

rearwhelsteer888
20th Oct 2005, 04:40
I'll bet they didn't go broke by paying above the award wages to pilots,just another typical short sighted GA company. provide a stable enviroment with incentive for crew to stay and you'd be bloody suprised how much difference it makes to the profitablity of a company of that size.
I can't say I have all that much sympathy for them ,most GA companys think like that and most will end up like this.
A real pity, because it was once a fantastic and finacially viable career,now it could only be a hobbie that only just feeds you.
Pathetic.:{
RWS888:E

victor two
23rd Oct 2005, 22:53
I have heard hat the latest story being told around barbeques in Darwin by one individual is that " the business was actually in excellent financial shape and making a profit when it was sold and the new buyer has driven it to financial ruin in under 3 months........"

I bet the buyer would be happy to hear that it's ALL his fault!

ThePassingBay
24th Oct 2005, 01:53
the latest story being told around barbeques in Darwin by one individual

Was that S.W?

St Elmos Fire
24th Oct 2005, 02:10
Aha, at last. It seems that Darwin and GA are free from the snake like Irishman and his tyrany. Three cheers for us. WWWAAHHHOO

However, let the celebrations go no longer than a few months as there is still evil in our midst. The sun has not gone down fully on this adder, and previous posts were correct to imply that his iminant return to shaft and screw pilots in future business (ad)ventures is something to be wary of.

Another point of order that has also been touched upon, the fact that there are still others out there doing the exact same thing. The mention of Air Ngukurr struck me as a little odd. Perhaps an ajenda of someones as I thought they payed the award to pilots /reception and other staff (the flying freight shed manager dosn't seem to be going anywhere dispite many attempts to poach him by other companys, including old snake eyes himself). Perhaps their financial position is not great but the staff seem happy enough, and the new King Gee uniforms I must say, add that special "Territory" feel for the bandit passengers.

Not looking to start a fight here, just saying what I am see.

What I do see is another cocky upstart trying to establish a reputation of shafting pilots with promises of all maner of wonderful things, but not actually coming up with the goods. Perhaps AF is a more worthy target to vent the frustrations we all have built up after working in this industry. I hear nothing good from their employees about conditions and wages in the organisation. Perhaps I am wrong, anyone care to educate me more on this topic. Do they actually pay the award? Are they fulltime jobs? Are their staff happy there?

Like I say, it is great to see the changes in the old NAC hanger, but let us not be blinded to the fact that there will be another one just like %# somewhere in the pipework. The industry is far better off now that he is gone. It is however, important to keep it moving forward rather than to stagnate and allow another situation to develop where many pilots get bent over the 210 tailplane for the sake of feathering the owners nest so he can sleep comfortably there in the place that the two hookers were last seen alive.

SEF.

victor two
24th Oct 2005, 02:29
Passingbay,

I was told that he was at the barbie if that helps......... you get the idea.

cheers

Vic

DUXNUTZ
25th Oct 2005, 15:35
Elmo's Fire.

Have you been to Ngukkur? Air Ngu were at one stage i believe paying a max of 3-4 hours flight time per day regardless of hours flown. They also deserve a baggin for masquerading behind their indigenous link as a service to the communities wherein they use this to make money out of them.

Bring back Wak Waks....

AustinPowers
26th Oct 2005, 07:07
Rather SAD to see these so called Operaters going bust on a regular interval in Darwin.

Apart from people ending up looking for work....the sympathy MUST go for suppliers such as "Maintenance, Fuel and Aircraft Owners", they have bills to pay and people to look after you know !!

Interesting to see that...... all these operaters fly flat out with government contracts and such, hence income is not a problem, I do know that some Govt., or a Corporate body jobs may take a while for the funds to come through, But it DOES. With over 40% profit worked in the rate on top of all the costs (Aircraft, Crew, Fuel, Insurance, Catering, Airway/Landing, Maintenance Reserves plus overheads etc) there doesn't seem to be charity work.
Then, why in the Earth the suppliers get shafted whom accept to give over 6 week credit ( Acft Owners), Over 4 weeks (Mx and Fuel). The dreadful Crew situation is noted with all respect.

Just makes it hard for the future, to offer anymore than 2 week credit, if not money upfront aey.

As mentioned above obviously there was/is income factored in, where did all that go.....someone took it home perhaps !! Ferk :mad: :mad: Hope you goons sleep well.

Not pointing fingure at one individual or an organisation, but this has started to happen too often and WELL beyond a joke, which makes me raise another sad question.....

Just a matter of time, Who's Next :(

Although, I would love to see all the operaters operate SAFELY, survive well and provide jobs and service to the great Northern Territory.

Good Luck......

Austin (On a serious side)

Erin Brockovich
26th Oct 2005, 11:48
victor two,

If it was the Leprechaun’s barbeque then I find that anything said is hard to believe.

Only because it would be like a scene out of the movie “The Lonely Guy”. Just SW, cardboard cut-outs and a second-hand blow-up dole.

I think the real story is that SW’s pockets (or who ever he has made the trustee of his estate) are in excellent financial shape . Like captwawa stated, it is not over for the little green man. A lot of people f#cked over from years past have not forgotten or forgiven. Just biding their time.

If he is spouting that sh#t out at barbeques then he obviously hasn’t learned a dam thing. Not only is he not taking responsibility for his actions but blatantly bullsh#tting to a few people stupid enough to listen. Pathetic and Gutless. Not much of a role model for his son.

skysurfer99
28th Oct 2005, 02:13
Duxnutz, you wrote "They also deserve a baggin for masquerading behind their indigenous link as a service to the communities wherein they use this to make money out of them"

Regarding AN???? So when was the last time you saw a company in darwin giving out free flights to the Pigmentaly challenged? Business is business I thought. I think your the only guy masquerading??

From a mate who works there I say watch this space as AN might just be the largest and most profetable opperator in the near future on the darwin GA scene! A couple more turbines may appear? Compared to some of the Pilots in Darwin the AN boys and girls seem to get above the award plus more, sounds good to me.

SS

PS. I was in Darwin for a night last week and noticed a hell of a lot of NAC planes doing nothing, if they are opperating as AusJ then its very minimal.

DUXNUTZ
28th Oct 2005, 06:01
"From a mate who works there I say watch this space as AN might just be the largest and most profetable opperator in the near future on the darwin GA scene!"

- Yeah! Then maybe they will be able to keep enough fuel in BWC to keep them fans turning then huh....

Continental-520
28th Oct 2005, 09:14
Every man and his dog reckons that his company is about to unravel something *BIG* and become the biggest operator since the silent era.

Good attitude to have, I reckon, but don't confuse the forest for the trees.

victor two
28th Oct 2005, 09:35
Gentlemen,

All I was told was that the story doing the rounds from previous management to anyone who will stand still long enough to listen is that when the money changed hands in July, the company was doing great, things were rosey, the tax man was happy and the planes were busier than ever.

This suggests that in the space of less than 3 months, the new owner somehow racked up a massive tax bill, the planes stopped flying and the company fell apart ......... hence in come the administrators like jackals to pick at the rotting carcass

As for whose barbie it was and who paid for the chops and snags, I can't answer that but anyone who knows the nature of the main players in this tragedy will be able to connect the dots and filter out the brown material involved in the tale.

cheers

Vic

Dj Dave
28th Oct 2005, 10:31
Your mate reckons that AN might be the biggest operator out of DN GA ??.... all their aircraft are leased.

Having worked for this operator, i corroborate what Enufsaid and others said about that company: they certainly didn't pay above award when i worked there, and certainly haven't paid compulsory super to their employees.

The CEO might get his though, he's a bit like Geoff Dixon, cutting on salaries and Jet 1 costs (can't put too much in the bandit :E ) and still getting paid wage plus bonuses.

I bet you the Taxman is chasing some cash right now. As for the bandit, the goss is that they are operating one from AAS in ASP, there may be more goss coming out soon with this company. (Can anyone confirm?)

Nevertheless, it's good to see that AN pilots are committed to make things work in their company as you describe it.

Bring on some B1900D's to Bathurst i say.

Locator
28th Oct 2005, 11:28
Dj Dave

lol thats very funny.....B1900's to YBTI.....AS IF!

Im thinking NGUs CP is dangling the big orange carrot :yuk:

or maybe trying to show light to a rapidly spiriling company I

doubt it that man talks way too much. :mad:

Luv Loc.

St Elmos Fire
30th Oct 2005, 00:35
Dux

Have you been to Ngukkur? Air Ngu were at one stage i believe paying a max of 3-4 hours flight time per day regardless of hours flown. They also deserve a baggin for masquerading behind their indigenous link as a service to the communities wherein they use this to make money out of them.

No, never been there. Like I said all I know is what I been told. I was under the impression that AN guys were paid to the award. Perhaps I am wrong if what you say is true. I did however see a pretty convincing argument from one of the guys there (including a pay slip) that they were on the award. Would they make up their own payslips in defence of AN???? Cant see it myself, but I have been wrong before. Anyway, if they are not paying then what goes around will come around, as it (eventually) dose.

Just ask AF employees if they would rather work for AN, CA, Hard Dir, ect. I do believe that AF are getting something like half the award, if they are lucky. Allowing 'Mike' Hunt to under quote the legitimate operators in DN. That represents a threat to everyone that works there. Anyone employed by 'Mike' should start action to get their pay at the award rate ASAP. Class action would be best. Then if he takes his hands out of his pants long enough he would see that his calculation of quotes are losing him money, not his staff.

Cough up 'Mike' Hunt, Or go the way of SW to the sound of celebrations of the GA community.

Ausboy
30th Oct 2005, 02:01
Hey Duxnutz,

I know exactly how you feel, how frustrated you are right now for not being an AN's pilot......
But dude, that's life....you need to move on.
You can't blame the company for not recruiting you.

:{

Aus

DUXNUTZ
30th Oct 2005, 04:55
F@gboy,

Ahhh presumptuous aren't we?!?! Never applied to Air Ngu, so no not jealous. I flew in the area for two years and had many friends work there, so can vouch for what DJ Dave said.

I've overnighted in NGU and it does have an atmosphere few other communities can offer, maybe Lake Evella but who knows.

What i was trying to allude to is the fact that most of the operators up there drink from the same bitter coffee cup, and try to screw employees on their wages etc. There are some great people/places to work for, but they are in the minority.

If you currently work for Air Ngu and enjoy the Cordial you'd be wise to sharpen up cos it may have an aftertaste after a while......

Woomera
30th Oct 2005, 07:03
Mr/Ms Nutz,

You're not playing by the rules. Calling people names is quite unbecoming, though almost par for the course on Dunnunda.

Please enjoy your weeks holiday.

W

ginjockey
31st Oct 2005, 03:55
Is there any thruth to the rumour that NAC is to be reformed and launched by SW again as a charter operation based out of Batchelor?

Surely not................ based on the writings in this thread , I assume that he will be providing all fuel and aircraft maintenance facilities from in house, unless he can find someone to sign him up on an account but from what I have read, that seems unlikely. Apart from the school student contract at Batchelor College, I'm not sure there is much else to do down there and commuting to Darwin and back for pax pickups without a comfy passenger lounge available seems like a hard way to go about things so what's the plan?

Anyone have any more info about that?

Gin.

bogdantheturnipboy
31st Oct 2005, 04:31
I heard something a bit different.

SW was on his way down to NGU and was going to be running the AN base down there.

They already have a 1900 lined up for him.

I think his 21c will be that guy from AF.

They'll be flying in toxic waste - as NGU is the secret propsed site for toxi waste.

The catch was , never allowed to land at DN. Maybe flown in from Katherine?

But you know how it is , you can never quite trust those rumour mills.

Jawz
31st Oct 2005, 09:52
I saw BWC (AN's Bandit) in Adelaide today

Whats happening there??

ginjockey
31st Oct 2005, 22:09
BWC has been leased by the reformed, relaunched, rebranded, rehashed and recycled NAC. The barbeque story was that plan to run it on a full service RPT service, six days a week between Adelaide and Batchelor Airfield .................with connections to Bathurst Island. He should do well out of it!

PLovett
1st Nov 2005, 02:15
Have heard unofficially that the administrator in bankruptcy is in no way finished with HA yet and that several transfer deals of property and aircraft are to be fully investigated. :ok:

Dj Dave
1st Nov 2005, 06:27
I did however see a pretty convincing argument from one of the guys there (including a pay slip) that they were on the award.

mine looked convinving too, however it's what they put (or don't put) into your bank account and super account that counts.

Furthermore i also know that some clerical employees are taking legal proceedings against AN for non-payment of the clerk's award

Cheers DJ Dave

T3000
2nd Nov 2005, 09:51
heard today that australasian jet has naming rights to NAC so SW can't use it for future ventures. heard they're not happy with him.
Nice one Gin. those Adelaide cousins would luv the Darwin-BTI run.

transonic dragon
2nd Nov 2005, 23:16
I'd actually heard that SW is doing RPT from Batchelor to Bunbury in WA, via Kununurra and Warburton, using ex-demo Skyfox ultralights. It's a good market.

The 1900s will be transporting live oyster tanks from Broome to Brunei, non-stop, and returning full of crude oil.

Sounds like the Citation which was online @ NAC last year will be the new skydiving ship out of Batchelor too. They will be charging $1000 for a tandem jump from FL400, which equates to about 4 mins of genuine freefall and 8 minutes of genuine hypoxia.

AJ will indeed be taking over the name, but they are only allowed to use it as an anagram, due to tax reasons. They will be renamed CAN or ACN or NCA or ANC or CNA.

I hear SW, along with that guy from AF, is advising our Prime Minister on Industrial Relations Reform. Turns out GA has been a test-bed for these new laws for some years. Soon everyone in society, not just GA pilots, can enjoy the benefits of unpaid work and perpetually shifting goalposts.

ginjockey
3rd Nov 2005, 02:23
I am relieved that life will go on for our main man. That enthusiasm for aviation and a passion for the wild blue skies of Northern Australia will see him rise to take on new challenges with his usual aplomb. I am actually hoping to see a new series of the emmy award winning "Top End Boys" on TV again soon. Series one was so blindingly successful after all. Hopefully, they will retain the same endearing characters for series 2. My favourite segments were the cooking tips, where we see a bronzed god with a receding hairline, dripping in both gold chains and not so golden sweat lovingly ram some chopped onions and garlic with his unwashed fingers into the still bleeding gut cavity of a dead fish, splatter it in beer batter wrap it in foil and then steam it in his own armpit for forty minutes like his mamma used to back home, all the while, the leprachaun would lurk about in the background shots, wearing a T shirt promoting anything from flavoured milk to fishing lures.

If anyone knows where I can buy the box set of series one........ please let me know.

tinpis
3rd Nov 2005, 03:51
I wish you luck in your quest for a copy of "Top End Boys"
That lame stinker is so dead the only reference that google brings up is the NT Hansard mentioning the $10000 the Govt chucked away on the :mad: show.

:p

T3000
1st Dec 2005, 11:56
ok. am a sucker. any more news

tinpis
1st Dec 2005, 19:09
Colliers got a hangar for sale in Batchelor

speedbird23
1st Dec 2005, 22:36
Looks the like the Batchelor rumour isn`t true. The hanger has been advertised in the paper for auction for the last few weeks. As someone who was disadvantaged by him and the way he run his business, I have no problem saying that it is great to see THE EMPIRE crumbling. I haven`t seen or heard of him for awhile, finally it seems he has pulled his head in.

captwawa
25th Dec 2005, 11:20
Heard the BCR hangar has been sold/auctioned for a decent price which is going straight to helping the administrator sort some debts out / pay priority creditors.

Also heard that PG has finally decided to liquidate the remains of NAC - seems like the very end is very nigh - apparently it just wasn't worth fighting any more - I doubt PG and the leprechaun swapped xmas gifts...

On another thread I read the leprechaun has been charged over the golf buggy / mini bus prang - sounds like the leprechaun's 'mini empire' has nearly all but crumbled with a suspended sentence to boot. Shame as I liked seeing him driving round DN in the busted ute - suited him to a tee!

Anyone with any more new info?

wawa

speedbird23
30th Dec 2005, 07:40
Heard he is a director of Australasian Jet`s Darwin operation. Interesting considering the mess he left NAC in!