PDA

View Full Version : Any web designers here?

BRL
9th Oct 2005, 14:04
I need someone to update my website, design something new to look like a decent web page rather than a list.

I have an idea for the layout, just don't know how to do it and upload it, I always get something wrong along the way. Also, I use Smart FTP at the moment to upload to a list. Not really what I want.

I have Dreamweaver MX and Fireworks MX too if that helps.

Anyone got any ideas?

All Ahead Full
10th Oct 2005, 12:07
Let me have the link, and I'll tell you what I think, I can certainly help you undate it and upload etc.. - Best regards, Phil

BRL
10th Oct 2005, 13:08
Hi there, if you click on the WWW button---------------- ^ it should take you there, if not try www.evo.me.uk

Thanks.

Spinflight
10th Oct 2005, 16:22
Hiya BRL,

You don't seem to have an index.html (or any HTML for that matter) which is why it appears as a list of files.

I'm sure that dreamweaver has a tutorial which you could make a decent website from. Something simplish, without frames of course, wouldn't take you very long at all.

A web designer would probably charge you well over £100 for very little work...

The Real Slim Shady
12th Oct 2005, 08:06
You could try some DIY if you feel brave. Templates for websites in Dreamweaver format can be found here (http://www.dreamweaver-templates.org/free-dreamweaver-templates.html) and here (http://www.interspire.com/templates/) and here (http://www.smartwebby.com/website_templates/preview/free_templates.asp).

Jhieminga
14th Oct 2005, 07:15
It looks like you did attempt to create a site at one point as the residue (in some of the subdirectories) is still there in the form of some button images.

As mentioned above what you need to do (or let someone do for you) is create a few HTML pages that provide a handy link to needed files, or tell the story that you want it to tell. If you are happy with using Word, then it won't be a big step to get to grips with Microsoft Frontpage. Adding and editing text and images is pretty much the same as in other MS applications. If you are succesfull in this then you will end up with a directory somewhere (default: My Documents/My Webs/) which contains your new website. From there you can just copy the contents of this folder to your server with your favourite FTP program.

Dreamweaver will probably be able to do the same thing for you, but as I've never used it I'm a pretty lousy source of info there!

gtaflyer
14th Oct 2005, 07:28
hi

best thing to do is use template in dreamweaver to design your website. i did and it works great take a look at the site i created www.ongoldenpond.org.uk. with Dreamweaver it is easy to opload once you have designed the sight.

if you have any problems let me know i am happy to help.

joe2812
14th Oct 2005, 09:21
If you don't want something too OTT and intense then i'd be happy to put something together for you as I have some spare time over the next few weeks.

Let me know if I can help :ok:

Cheers, Joe

Bern Oulli
14th Oct 2005, 09:26
gtaflyer Tsk tsk. One to many full-stops (periods to the cousins). Delete after "uk".

Edited to add - Nice site though.

Spinflight
14th Oct 2005, 20:49
Also depends on what you mean by web designer dude.

Any decent IT type dude could code some html for you, though those who refer to themselves as webdesigners tend to lack the technical skills but have the creative ones in abundance.

I'm sure if you posted what you wanted and had an attempt at doing it yourself e then peeps would be more than happy to post a it of code to help you out.

(Not that html is proper code of course.)

Wing Commander Fowler
15th Oct 2005, 00:08
ah yes, proper code........ like the enigma!

BRL
15th Oct 2005, 12:19
Thanks you for all the replies.

There is someone on the case as we speak so a new web page is somewhere on the horizon. :ok:

Once again, big thanks for all the offers. :)

Brl.

dharmesh4
15th Oct 2005, 22:52
Gimme a shout if you need some help with the web design stuff.

Easy stuff, no big deal mate but I won't be free until after 31st October. :ok: