PDA

View Full Version : Pilot or other

Audio
8th Oct 2005, 20:23
ok

now before i get into this, i know a lot do it for the job and not the money.

(and i dont want people taking this the wrong way, i enjoy flying and all)

so looking into this, courses costing, look into other unis and course costs and i believe its at the top for costs (over all and for lenth of course) but with the smallest returns. and it puts the most strain on family life and is prob. one of the hardest jobs to keep.

many people think the airlines should pay for all the costs (i think so as well). But why should they?

I no not of many types of work where they pay for your training. (they may train you up, but you need to start at a low level in that job I.e. In IT doing all the basic stuff, and learning more and doing courses as you go), sadly in the airline world, you cant sit and learn as you fly people around the world.

Can i afford the training? no, not without a loan
Do i think its a good idea for the airlines to pay for my training? Yes (even if you pay it back over several years)

The only problem is the VERY high cost of training. and nowadays lower pay.

Work out the cost of the training, the time spent away from home (i.e. Standard 8 hour working day X 5 days a week) anything more then that.

I think most the reason for the pay is the affect on family life with time away from home.

It is something I'm interested in doing, most people think its for the money, but sadly i can never see this being the case. If it was there are far less risky jobs, with bigger awards that i can do.