PDA

View Full Version : Aeroflot Museum SVO

Jinkster
8th Oct 2005, 09:40
Just wondered if anyone had been into the museum in the terminal. Is it worth visiting?

THanks, Jinkster

Evening Star
9th Oct 2005, 09:08
Spent hours over the years at SVO bored out of my tree waiting for my flight and now somebody tells me there is a museum!:\

Cannot find anything on their website (http://www.sheremetyevo-airport.ru/), but that proves nothing and it is early on Sunday morning so my Russian is not up to the small print.

Could be that 'museum' relates to some of the stuff parked on the apron at T1?:}

This page (http://www.sheremetyevo-airport.ru/gallery/?action=photo_list) links to some interesting photos.

[Edit for typos]

Bumz_Rush
9th Oct 2005, 09:24
No miseum on the airport to the best of my knowledge. 1 dead 4 prop or two parked outside, but no museum.

I add to my comments on Moscow forum, the metro stop for the Flea Market has changed its name, except on the train itself, and the maps on public display: it is announced on the metro as Parkizaskia. Again follow the hord of people who exit. The DVDs are 100Rbs each, so take shopping list.

Bumz

Jinkster
9th Oct 2005, 11:22
Found it on the Aeroflot website.

http://www.aeroflot.ru/eng/company.asp?ob_no=3441

:)

Bumz_Rush
9th Oct 2005, 11:38
however a stand up display board, in Terminal 1, does not really suggest a Museum to me.
T1 is the domestic terminal, and if you are in the international terminal, T2, then either the shuttle bus or taxi will be needed, allow excluding waiting times about 30 mins to transit.

I dont get over to T1 very often, but will ask my co workers if it is worth viewing...

Bumz

Jinkster
9th Oct 2005, 11:47
Once again Mr Bumz Rush comes to the rescue ! :D

Think thats 2 beers now isnt it? ;)

Evening Star
9th Oct 2005, 15:39
Full marks to Jinkster!:ok: Must take a look next time I am passing through.

Still maintain the apron contains some museum pieces.

DVDs are 100Rbs each

So heavily pirated that they come complete with skull and crossbones?

barry lloyd
12th Oct 2005, 13:40
If you come out of T1 and turn R, and follow the road which eventually leads back to T2 (via the cargo area), there used to be a number of ex-Aeroflot A/C parked up there, just beyond the catering buildings. I haven't been around there for some time, so they may have got rid of them. I was told that they were used for ground staff training, but despite having good contacts at SVO, I was never allowed near that area, but there were some military aircraft there too, which were allgedly in flying condition! Once when I arrived in a 125, we parked quite close to them, but it was -25C, and very misty, so I didn't hang around!

Bumz_Rush
17th Oct 2005, 17:03
and one of everything, in fleet.

I have not driven that way recently in daylight, but once recently at nigh...Dont rememebr seeing the exotic fleet...as to ex mil, can not remeber either.....silly me... Bumz...

two cokes, actually dont drink, got fed up spilling most of it....

hevlad
22nd Dec 2005, 16:57
Hi there
There is no museum in SVO.I had been working for Aeroflot for 8 years.You may see aircrafts for studing of students from higher schools between SVO 1 andSVO2.

Bumz_Rush
23rd Dec 2005, 02:40
The collection is mostly civil, but some mil, as he said, there for training, either and or ground staff cabin crew but not I suspect fire crews. Covered in snow today.. Bumz