PDA

View Full Version : October Exams

Hobgoblin
7th Oct 2005, 14:16
I know it's too early as everyone is still writing today but having written my last 3 subjects on Monday I have already had 4 days to ponder my mistakes...

Consequently I am starting to chew nails - correction :HAVE been chewing nails since Monday and don't know how much I can take of the stress. I only have until end of November to pass all 14 ( was lazy last year and didn't study as hard as I could or should have) and have booked all 3 for beginning November should I need to rewrite any.

I am probably borderline for all 3 exams.:(

How is everyone else holding up?

helicopter-redeye
7th Oct 2005, 16:53
which three were they

h-r:) (-nails)

diverine
7th Oct 2005, 17:51
Can you please give us any feedbacks from the exams you took? Were they similar to Bristol stuff, Italian feedback etc... Thanks and good luck. I just finished off 6 (Air Law, Ops, Rnav, Comms, Hmn Perf) - they were all very similar to the Italian feedback... Passed them all... In Switzerland, and in most of the other JAA countries these exams are done on computer. So, we get the results right away...

I guess UK has more demand and not enough computers.... :(

Hobgoblin
11th Oct 2005, 07:16
The 3 exams were principles of Fright, Performance and Systems and Powerplants. I have gone through and through these exams in my mind's eye and have remembered a couple of questions that I definitely screwed up.

Case in point - what is a zener diode? I know this and it should have been a no brainer but like a fool instead of answering voltage regulator I put down voltage rectifier. :( I guess my brain was on holiday. Don't know why I would put down such a silly answer.

Not all is dark clouds though, here and there I found a silver lining. The question about flying at the same Mach number at a higher flight level tried confusing me (and almost succeeded as I was so rattled by then) but I think I managed that one okay.

I had not run across that one in any of the feedback, and arguably it is not really a performance question so I presume if one had it wrong it is grounds for a protest. Am just hoping I don't have to worry about these results ever again after next week Wednesday or Thursday.

(Starting on the toenails now...)

Hobgoblin
20th Oct 2005, 08:47
No news yesterday...

Has anyone received their results yet?

Gillespie
21st Oct 2005, 08:09
today is the big day people (hopefully). I'm checking my post box every 10 minutes. I'm Sh:mad: ting myself.

Good luck.

727Man
21st Oct 2005, 08:37
well my postie has been and gone @0830 and no results, so looks like Monday, what is wrong with these people at CAA, cant be that difficult to get them out they have had 2 weeks. I called the school and their post has not arrived but it wont be there either if it did not arrive with mine! waiting on my last 2 Flt Planning and Gen Nav:*

jasperyellow
21st Oct 2005, 08:39
Exam results wont be out until Monday now. Very frustrating as had a sleepless night worrying.

Dotun
21st Oct 2005, 08:52
I spoke to the CAA yesterday. The results will be sent out later today, so hopefully we should get them tomorrow or Monday.

Regards
DMan

3legs
21st Oct 2005, 10:13
My postie has been and gone @11.10 and no results :{

Good luck all..Looks like Monday!

3legs

Hobgoblin
21st Oct 2005, 14:42
:( Damn, not looking forward to this weekend. Maybe they'll come tomorrow? My postman usually delivers on a Saturday morning so I'm hoping I'll get them tomorrow.

Good luck y'all.

Gillespie
23rd Oct 2005, 15:44
Got my results on Saturday. I'm seriously hung-over now. All 14! I'm so chuffed.

I can not thank Bristol Ground School enough. The instructors are truly inspirational. Not one word wasted during the classes.

The notes, feedback, brush-up course, facilities and instructors are perfect.

As you can probably see I’m slightly euphoric.

Good luck!

Hobgoblin
24th Oct 2005, 00:29
Cool! Congratulations on the 14. Wish I could say the same but my results are still stuck in the system somewhere - going to stress all day until I have them in my grubby little mitts.

(You will not believe the size of the hangover I am going to have if I pass!);)

Hobgoblin
24th Oct 2005, 18:47
AAAAARGHH!!!!

Still nothing! What is going on with the :mad: mail? Has anyone other than Gillespie received any word yet?

I don't think my liver can take much more of the strain.

Holding out for tomorrow's mail. I think I will probably jump out and grab the mail out of the poor fellow's hands, in the process frightening him out of his wits thereby prompting him to call the authorities to inform them that a dangerous nutcase is on the loose. They will of course send around the men in the white coats to fit me for a straitjacket. Then I will end up like (I think it was) Brad Pitt in 12 Monkeys, drooling in my Wheetabix while banging my head against the wall...

Truth be told I think the only difference to now would be the change of venue.

Hobgoblin
26th Oct 2005, 09:13
:ok: Postie just came with the mail.

Seems I didn't need to worry as all 14 are now finally done.

Last thing to do is a BIG thanks to Bristol - without them I would never have gotten it. Their online question bank is - in a word - unbeatable!

To anyone wondering whether it is worth the money...I would pay twice what they're asking and still think it's a bargain.

All that remains now is the flying. (and tomorrow's hangover:D)

TolTol
26th Oct 2005, 11:27
Same here, all 14 done and dusted!!! What a bloody relief.

To anybody who is still studying them, put in the work and it will pay off in the end;)