PDA

View Full Version : Flying Australia

Thallus
6th Oct 2005, 10:36
Moving to Oz soon...got a German ICAO CPL/ IR with ATPL and LR credit... sorted all the conversion stuff out as far as i-net can help.

Costs are about 6K... just wanna know if somebody got a good address in Oz to start of as a F/O (250TFT only though as I am fresh from school)

thx in advance!!:ok:

mattyj
6th Oct 2005, 19:44
You could be a captain with your qualifications..

..several up north parachuting outfits would love to hear from you and then theres that company who flies clapped out cessna singles from the eastern side of the desert to the western side...what was their name....??

RENURPP
6th Oct 2005, 21:04
I think it would be extremely unlikely you would find a job in Aus as an F/O.

You need to be thinking single engine piston and work from there.

If you haven't lived in Aus before and are unfamiliar with "the outback"or tropics you may even find this sort of job difficult to find.

My suggestion is search this forumn, there should be lots of posts regarding first jobs. Consider other options, parachute dropping, (no $$$$) too build your hours up, maybe instructing.

http://www.yellowpages.com.au

look for charter companies, aviation and the like.

Piltdown Man
6th Oct 2005, 21:29
I'd change either medication or reallity settings. Every now and again in Australia, the number of unemployed pilots gets to such a vast number that airport authorities have to initiate a culling program to keep their numbers down to manageable levels. Typically, they place bogus pilot jobs adds and attract the victims to a special location. Here they leave poisoned, half drunk cans of beer which they know that the alchohol-starved paupers will consume with gay abandon. Every cull normally gets 500-1,000 victims. And these are weekly affairs!

mattyj
9th Oct 2005, 03:56
this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=189709)

is the post you need to read buddy

Chimbu chuckles
9th Oct 2005, 12:57
My school boy German doesn't go to 'reality check'....anyone?

I could take a wild stab at average experience of new hire F/Os in Australia....4000 hrs with 2000 ME and 1000 turbine comand?

And that the average of the last 5-10 yrs of near constant hiring....that figure will already be heading upwards.

VRB03KT CAVOK
10th Oct 2005, 00:55
Are you an Australian Resident?

If you aren't you won't be getting much at all in the way of work...

Cessna Capt
11th Oct 2005, 02:30
Have you tried Crazy Jimbo's Airline

Requirements for Cessna 210 FO

ATPL or CPL with ATPL theory
Multi Engine Instrument Rating (NDB, VOR, ILS, LLZ)
Cessna 210 type rating or Cessna 182RG type rating with C210 differences course
300hrs Total Time
Previous experience as C210 FO in airline ops desirable

:E

Serriously mate, you have a better chance if you stay in europe if want to start flying jets then here.

CC

VRB03KT CAVOK
11th Oct 2005, 04:10
Cessna Capt,

Isn't it more like 1300hrs required?

Wheeler
11th Oct 2005, 07:07
Hey Cessna Capt,

How do you get a 'Cessna 210 type rating or Cessna 182RG type rating with C210 differences course"?

I reckon I know a few people who fly those things without either.. but they reckon they are alright because they've got constant speed and retractable endorsements.

PS Is the 'differences course' between 182RG and 210 really hard?

Cessna Capt
11th Oct 2005, 08:20
VRB03KT CAVOK

1300hrs total....sounds like crazy jimbo's airline has put up its minimums

Wheeler

Cessna 210 type ratings are available from your nearest FlightsafetyBoeingAlteonAirbus flight training centre. All of them now have full motion Cessna 210 and Cessna182RG flight sims.

For those that already have the 182RG type rating, the differences course is fairly straight forward. Most pilot doing this course have trouble as they fail to realise that the 210 has 2 extra seats which is commonly discovered on closer inspection of the passenger cabin.

CC

NAMPS
11th Oct 2005, 08:55
Chuck

My school boy German doesn't go to 'reality check'....anyone?

How about....Wirklichkeitsüberprüfung :8 :E

Flintstone
11th Oct 2005, 14:12
What they are trying to tell you Thallus is that the industry is waaayyy different to what you are used to in Europe.

Take it from one who has worked in both, unless you are prepared to lower your sights by a long way you'd be better off staying where you are.

On the other hand if you're prepared to drag yourself round the continent begging for a job and stick at it for long enough you'll get some of the best flying in the world.

Avgas172
11th Oct 2005, 23:24
Thank Jesus I'm not German or anyone from beyond the shores of Oz, as I would probably end up driving a train somewhere for around 120K a year (although Patricks/Toll is trying to stuff that up by importing train drivers from NZ and Sth Africa) :E
cheers

wateroff
12th Oct 2005, 04:37
try www.getinline.com

Thallus
13th Oct 2005, 20:47
thx all for there opinion... will still head to oz as I personally think life is much more relaxed and the girls are more pretty ^^

if anyone got some contacts in melbourne that could assist me in getting a foot in some doors I would be more than gratefull (except sharing my pretty girlfriend)...

[email protected]

wigga
15th Oct 2005, 04:20
I heard the women are prettier over there!
lol