PDA

View Full Version : Help with ADSL Connection

shack
5th Oct 2005, 13:12
I have just changed to ADSL and initial connection was good with everything working using Wanadoo.fr and the Ethernet modem as supplied by the ISP. As there was not a firewall with the modem I changed to a Netgear modem/router/firewall and now only Firefox and Thunderbird work, all other programs e.g. Mail Washer, Eudora etc. try to connect to Wanadoo without success although it is already connected. I have removed all traces of Wanadoo from my machine except that which remains in the Netgear and think that the problem may lie within the Tools/Internet options/Connections of Internet explorer. In Network connections I have:-_

1394 Connection (1394 Net Adaptor)
Local Area Connection (NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adaptor)
Local Area Connection 1 (D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Ethernet Adaptor revC) This being the one that shows as being connected.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Tosh McCaber
6th Oct 2005, 07:14
Can't personally help.

But, I've just installed a Belkin modem router, and received a huge amount of help in setting up by ringing their customer support service. (In Belkin's case, very helpful, 27/4, and free!- not often that you have this nowadays!)

The other source of assistance would be to phone Wanadoo.

ExGrunt
6th Oct 2005, 08:15
Hi Shack,

What you describe sounds like a firewall configuration issue.

Log in to your router as admin using your browser - the default netgear address is http://192.168.0.1

Then check the logs this should give an indication of where the problem lies.

EG

shack
6th Oct 2005, 14:09
Thanks ExGrunt that was the problem.