PDA

View Full Version : Commuting from ADL

Colonel W E Kurtz
5th Oct 2005, 12:46
Is the commute from ADL do-able for a couple of years on a -400 roster? Any advice gladly taken.:8

sizematters
5th Oct 2005, 14:54
no....definately not..................well if you want to see home occasionally that is

Team America
5th Oct 2005, 23:07
Have a friend who joined around the same time as me and has been commuting for over 3 years now. With 18 days off a month, very possible on the 744.

sizematters
6th Oct 2005, 00:38
very different depending on where you want to commute to...............and most of the guys who commute to Oz never get home as flights are always full so if you have a block of 7 days off and it takes 2 to get home then allow 2 extra days to travel..................................well, it ain't worth it

404 Titan
6th Oct 2005, 01:40
and most of the guys who commute to Oz never get home as flights are always full so if you have a block of 7 days off and it takes 2 to get home then allow 2 extra days to travel

Rubbish. I commute to Aus and don't have this problem. Like anywhere on the network there are times of the year that commuting can be a pain in the a**e but generally I have no problems. I will concede though that Adelaide will be more work due to the limited number of direct flights from HK but it like Cairns is do-able if plaaned correctly.

viking146
6th Oct 2005, 14:23
Could any of you CX commuters please share your experiences with us.

Like, time at home, time away, void times in HKG and tips and tricks as to where to stay when you are in HKG!!! (specially interested for commute to North America - West Coast and/or LON)

Appreciate your thoughts on the matter.