PDA

View Full Version : Irreducible Spare Capacity at MoD Contractors

FrogPrince
3rd Oct 2005, 17:03
Having attended Helitech at Duxford last Thursday I took the opportunity to 'lift' some of the blurb for FB Heliservices (FBH) etc.

In these days of PPP/PFI, I believe that MoD contractors can offer spare capacity to the 'open market'. Does that mean I can ask FBH to quote me a price for my PPL (H) conversion ???

( I have 20 years TA service under my belt and am a CI with a local ATC Sqn so I have the necessary clearances...)

Can't see it myself. If I was an Arabian defence minister with deep pockets it might be different. But... its all profit at the end of the day.

Any thoughts from this community??

:E

ShyTorque
3rd Oct 2005, 17:11
Of course you can ask. It will cost you eleven million pounds and be ten years late. ;)

Pontius Navigator
3rd Oct 2005, 18:41
My contractor is expected to gain ISC work to increase profits and all strength to his elbow. The guys, well underpaid by blue standards, get a pay bonus, the company gets a cut and the guy using the ISC often gets a bargain too.

Not me you understand <g>

southside
3rd Oct 2005, 23:02
Of course you can ask. It will cost you eleven million pounds and be ten years late

Good point.

And although you asked for a PPL you'll actually receive a Licence to ride an Elephant down Kensington High St on a sunday.

FrogPrince
5th Oct 2005, 16:55
There's hope for me yet, then.

Many thanks !

FP

P.S. Saw the Merlin Presentation at RAeS in London last night by the AW chappie. Me now wants a 'jolly' on the simulator at Benson....