PDA

View Full Version : MCC question

geraldn
21st Sep 2005, 22:27
i would like to know by someone who knows for sure what the MCC actually provides u you with and whether it is a JAR requirment to have before u basically give your C.V. out to an airline.

The reason i have this doubt is because i was told by an airline pilot that the MCC is usually incorporated with your type rating and that u dont need it to apply for an airline job.
cheers

TRISTAR1
21st Sep 2005, 22:52
An MCC course has to be completed before the issue of a multi-crew type rating.

It is not normaly part of the type rating.

If an MCC course is provided as part of a type rating, then the requirement of 20 hours in the sim can be reduced to 10 hours.

Most carriers now ask that you complete your MCC before applying, but it is not a rule or a legislation requirement, rather just another filter.

I am afraid that you were not told the whole story, which is fairly normal in aviation.

You should read up the relevant regulations, as should be the case for anything aviation related. Remember that just about everything to do with aviation is written down somewhere. If someone tells you something ask them for the relevant documentation.

Good luck.

geraldn
22nd Sep 2005, 12:43
Thank you tristar1,
will read up,thought i could save myself a couple of thousand quid but.......
:ok:

Megaton
22nd Sep 2005, 12:55
Most application forms ask if you have completed your MCC. There is definitely no point in applying until you have completed the course (although a few lucky ones have got away with it by accepting job offer and then rushing off for first available course date).

PSF2J
22nd Sep 2005, 22:46
Good points raised.

MCC training and a certificate of completion is required by JAA, before the issue of a type rating on a multi pilot aircraft. \

Good ole' rules and regs as usual.

ITA
2nd Oct 2005, 00:27
Hello,
I have a question about the MCC course.
I heard that after logging 500 hrs on a multi pilot aircraft it's not anymore necessary to complete the course before a type rating.
I'm flying lears in the US and hold a fATPL.
I checked the regulations but couldn't find anything about it.
Thank you.

ITA

moggiee
2nd Oct 2005, 16:48
If you have 500 hours of multi pilot time on a recognised multi-pilot aeroplane you are exempt. Please note that dual time does not count.

However, if you fly for an operator that operates a single pilot aeroplane (like a Caravan) as a multipilot aeroplane then that counts, too. We had an enquiry from someone who flew Caravans for a freight company who put two pilots on their aeroplane, and as the local aviation author¡ty recognised the this as multipiot time, then they were exempt the MCC. But, the local authority has to recognise the flying as multipilot time - unless they do the time won't count.

It's all in LASORS, just not sure which page!